WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Symphony X -- Worcester, MA -- November 19th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9285)

Sinfulsot 11-19-2008 08:47 PM

Symphony X -- Worcester, MA -- November 19th, 2008

This time, it was the upstairs room at the Palladium, which is a lot smaller, and thus more intimate. the sound was a little better, but not really. again, it comes down to the vocals, which were all too often in and out.

I got a look at the actual setlist, buit i had to make it quick because it was in the hands of a drunk fan and Inferno and Set the World on Fire might be switched. My apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Oculus Ex Inferni
[SIZE="1"]edit [/SIZE]Eve of Seduction
Evolution
Inferno
Serpent's Kiss
Paradise Lost
Church of the Machine
King of Terrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Revelation
---
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Of Sins and Shadows

Source: Attendance

Maiden33 11-19-2008 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=Sinfulsot;196782]
Evolution
Church of the Machine
King of Terrors[/QUOTE]

:party:
Always good to see some different stuff in there. I've already seen Evolution and King but I'll gladly see them again.

My only real complaint is that this set is just TOO short. I did the math, it comes out to like 80 minutes. Could use a few more short ones (Out of the Ashes, Eve of Seduction) or just a long one or two (The Odyssey, Through the Looking Glass, Communion and the Oracle). Not bad though, I'm still very excited about seeing them in NY tomorrow (tonight).

Sinfulsot 11-19-2008 08:59 PM

set times (approx): 9:24 - 10:16. and that doesn't include the encore.

Maiden33 11-19-2008 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Sinfulsot;196786]set times (approx): 9:24 - 10:16. and that doesn't include the encore.[/QUOTE]

So basically I was almost dead on with my estimate. The encore would've been about 20 minutes long.

Sinfulsot 11-19-2008 09:04 PM

It didn't feel like 20 minutes.

I'm not sure if it was short because they were doing a few "in the neighborhood shows before the holidaze and thus wanted to give the fans a little something, but ***not too much***, because you know, ya gotta keep
'em a little hungry if you want 'em coming back for more, or if Worcester just has some sort of curfew in place during the week.

Maiden33 11-19-2008 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=Sinfulsot;196789]It didn't feel like 20 minutes.

I'm not sure if it was short because they were doing a few "in the neighborhood shows before the holidaze and thus wanted to give the fans a little something, but ***not too much***, because you know, ya gotta keep
'em a little hungry if you want 'em coming back for more, or if Worcester just has some sort of curfew in place during the week.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm just using the fact that all 3 of those songs are 6 minutes-ish long. I figured a curfew might be at play here, because every other time I've seen them the set was about 95 minutes dead on. I'm hoping for more, but I'm definitely not going to bed upset if there's not more. We have a fucking fantastic support act tomorrow night so I have that to look forward to as well.

Sinfulsot 11-19-2008 09:12 PM

I also posted the set list at ultimate metal forum and i was informed at that site that i forgot Eve of Seduction.

I edited my initial post to reflect that.

if it's who i think it is, it was this rather hot blond girl.

Maiden33 11-19-2008 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Sinfulsot;196791]I also posted the set list at ultimate metal forum and i was informed at that site that i forgot Eve of Seduction.

I edited my initial post to reflect that.

if it's who i think it is, it was this rather hot blond girl.[/QUOTE]

EXCELLENT. Eve of Seduction is a fantastic song.

Who is a rather hot blond girl?

Sinfulsot 11-19-2008 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;196790]Well I'm just using the fact that all 3 of those songs are 6 minutes-ish long. I figured a curfew might be at play here, because every other time I've seen them the set was about 95 minutes dead on. I'm hoping for more, but I'm definitely not going to bed upset if there's not more. We have a fucking fantastic support act tomorrow night so I have that to look forward to as well.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. i hope you do get more.

JuuKun 11-20-2008 11:51 AM

I don't know anything about a curfew in Worcester, so I highly doubt that was the case.

How was the attendance? I was supposed to go to this but ended up not being able to secure transportation. I really wish I had been there, though, I think seeing Symphony X in the upstairs would have ruled.