WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In Flames -- Wheaton, MD -- November 20th, 1999 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9282)

Derelict 11-19-2008 05:06 AM

In Flames -- Wheaton, MD -- November 20th, 1999

Yes, take note of the date. I had been looking through my house for this the last few weeks, finally found it today in a sock drawer. In Flames and Moonspell played a metalfest in Texas in November 1999 (November to Dismember, I believe), then did a short US tour together, a first for both. This was the last night of the tour, at a record shop / pub / coffee house in Wheaton, MD (suburban DC). Dillinger Escape Plan was one of the local openers.

Moonspell (in order)
Butterfly FX
Opium
Second Skin
Lustmord
Ruin and Misery
Angelizer
Alma Mater
I am the Eternal Spectator
Wolfshade/Werewolf Masquerade
Mephisto
Vampiria

In Flames (semi in order)
Star Wars theme (intro)
Embody the Invisible
Jotun
Gyroscope
Stand Ablaze
Clad In Shadows
Scorn
Colony
Insipid 2000
Zombie, Inc
Moonshield
Artefacts of the Black Rain (we had to beg for it)
Ordinary Story
----------
Behind Space
Episode 666

The first 3 and last 3 are in order. They didn't actually leave the stage for the encore, you had to go through the crowd to the stage, Anders said there was no way they could leave then make it back. It was the drummers birthday, so at one point during the set, they had a birthday cake brought out, and we all sang happy birthday. Right before the encore, I remember (somehow) the following exchange:

Anders "Ok, we are going to play two more songs"

Random Guy "Play TEN more songs!"

Anders "I don't think we have ten more songs"

And yes, this setlist is the reason I will never pay money to see this band again

HugeRockStar 11-19-2008 05:24 AM

Fuck I wish I saw them back in that year, that setlist is amazing. First time I saw them live was 2002 so I missed out out on a lot of those older songs.

EchoesOfDecimation 11-19-2008 07:15 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;196741]Fuck I wish I saw them back in that year, that setlist is amazing. First time I saw them live was 2002 so I missed out out on a lot of those older songs.[/QUOTE]

2002 is better than 2008

LoveInSlowMotion 11-19-2008 09:08 AM

Fuck. Fucking Gyroscope? Motherfuck.

EDIT: BEHIND SPACE?! Goddamn, their current set is fucking terrible.

JuuKun 11-19-2008 01:00 PM

Tomorrow, these setlists will be 9 years old. :D

But, oh my fuck...I'd love to see either of those setlists. Moonspell still puts out amazing setlists from what I've seen (Nothing to complain about, anyways, their Blackest of the Black set was just too short is all), but that In Flames set? Wow. That just puts what they play these days to shame.

Derelict 11-19-2008 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=JuuKun;196749]Tomorrow, these setlists will be 9 years old. :D

But, oh my fuck...I'd love to see either of those setlists. Moonspell still puts out amazing setlists from what I've seen (Nothing to complain about, anyways, their Blackest of the Black set was just too short is all), but that In Flames set? Wow. That just puts what they play these days to shame.[/QUOTE]

Damn dawg, now i feel really old! Can't believe I was at this show 9 years ago. The craziest part (IMO) is that dillinger escape plan was one of the locals

causeofdeath 11-19-2008 05:58 PM

that set is amazing.

xStructualDefect 11-19-2008 07:00 PM

what an amazing set. too bad im skipping it when they come to LA cuz im honestly not digging that current setlist. i really liked CC but i cant listen to ASOP, i find it bland.

also im seeing as i lay dying the night before and already have a lot of friends im going w/ and a ride. whereas in flames i have no ride, no one to go w/, and no money for it. oh well hopefully the set is better next time.

maidenpriest 11-19-2008 07:56 PM

Omg...now i understand why older fans cant stand their sets...that is an AMAZING setlist. :( why couldnt i have been listening to IN Flames when i was 8...

Zeltar 11-19-2008 08:21 PM

What the FUCK. That setlist is incredible. That's why I don't wanna see them live anymore, way too much new stuff. Man, if I were a fan of these guys when I was 6 years old...:rocker: