WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In Flames -- Montreal, Canada -- November 6th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9199)

HugeRockStar 11-06-2008 09:33 PM

In Flames -- Montreal, Canada -- November 6th, 2008

[B]In Flames[/B]
I Am The Highway
Vanishing Light
The Mirror's Truth
The Hive
Sattelites and Astronauts
System
Alias
Eraser
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Disconnected
Cloud Connected
Jester Race Medley
Come Clarity
Sleepless Again
The Quiet Place
Trigger
Take This Life

[B]Gojira[/B]
Oroborus
The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe
Backbone
Flying Whales
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity

The show started way late so they had to cut some songs I guess. I was actually looking foward to hearing The Chosen Pessimist live. Nothing from Colony is disgusting. The Jester Race Medley is fucking awesome. I don't know what they're talking about when they say the old songs don't work live. Definatley the highlight. Actually had not a bad a crowd reaction as well. Before the song Anders said that everyone bitches that they never play old stuff but when they played the song in Europe people stood around like zombies. Eraser is a killer song live. Before that song Anders said they played it a few nights ago as an experiment but they will keep in the setlist. Alias was fun but I don't even think they're playing the mellow part in the middle which is pretty lame. All in all a good show but not nearly as good as I've seen them before. They don't seem as energetic as they were years ago. Oh well. Gojira kicked ass as always. Definatly stole the show. I didn't bother with All That Remains or 36 Crazyfists.

maidenpriest 11-06-2008 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;195864] Nothing from Colony is disgusting. The Jester Race Medley is fucking awesome. I don't know what they're talking about when they say the old songs don't work live. Definatley the highlight. Actually had not a bad a crowd reaction as well. Before the song Anders said that everyone bitches that they never play old stuff but when they played the song in Europe people stood around like zombies. Eraser is a killer song live. [/QUOTE]

yeah nothing from colony is very disappointing. glad the hive is still in there. and its there fault for appealing to ppl who know nothing of their past and good music. i bet half the ppl out there thought at first they were covering Atreyu (Right Side of the Bed) when they started playing the Hive. and was eraser on the new album? i dont remember seeing that on there

666ways2love 11-06-2008 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;195864]
[B]Gojira[/B]
Oroborus
The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe
Backbone
Flying Whales
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to this show in LA in a few weeks. and to be honest i'm quite disappointed in gojira's set. even though one song from the frenchmen will put all the other opening acts to utter shame, i'd still like to see SOMETHING from 'the link'. [U]remembrance[/U] or [U]death of me[/U]. hopefully they gain more of a following here(like they did on radio rebellion) and we see a headlining show from them in the near future

btw, what is the order for the bands? aka when do i leave to go get a beer

TonyD 11-07-2008 12:21 AM

[QUOTE=666ways2love;195868]I'm going to this show in LA in a few weeks. and to be honest i'm quite disappointed in gojira's set. even though one song from the frenchmen will put all the other opening acts to utter shame, i'd still like to see SOMETHING from 'the link'. [U]remembrance[/U] or [U]death of me[/U]. hopefully they gain more of a following here(like they did on radio rebellion) and we see a headlining show from them in the near future

btw, what is the order for the bands? aka when do i leave to go get a beer[/QUOTE]

I like it for the time allowed.
Don't forget that their big step up was on the Lamb of God/Machine Head tour

girnny777 11-07-2008 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=maidenpriest;195865]yeah nothing from colony is very disappointing. glad the hive is still in there. and its there fault for appealing to ppl who know nothing of their past and good music. i bet half the ppl out there thought at first they were covering Atreyu (Right Side of the Bed) when they started playing the Hive. and was eraser on the new album? i dont remember seeing that on there[/QUOTE]

Eraser was a bonus track on the Japanese release and it was on the Mirror's Truth single.

Derelict 11-07-2008 04:57 AM

Brutally terrible in flames setlist. such a shame

LoveInSlowMotion 11-07-2008 08:13 AM

Goddamn, what a fucking great Gojira set. This really makes me happy. Wish they would switch out Orobourus for Esoteric Surgery or Wolf Down the Earth, but wow Definately a great set.

andrew_metalhead 11-07-2008 08:33 AM

In Flames' set is so disappointing!! :mad:

They had a much better set even at this year's Gigantour where they were just a support act! :eek:

TMFQuinn 11-07-2008 09:36 AM

I think it's interesting that while they are including a lot of really good songs that they don't usually play, they are leaving out a lot of live staples.I just pray they play Eraser in New York.How that song got left off the album I don't know.

mgothstryper 11-07-2008 06:43 PM

Anyone have any idea on the order of the bands? I have zero desire to see All That Remains and 36 Crazyfists? Is Gojira on directly before In Flames? Anyone?