WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Opeth -- Cincinnati, OH -- October 23rd, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9109)

DethMaiden 10-24-2008 07:40 AM

Opeth -- Cincinnati, OH -- October 23rd, 2008

Awesome show. Baroness were slightly less tight than I had expected (but they have that new guitarist, so whatever) and they were unfortunately sold out of prints, High on Fire who I expected to be bored with were pretty fucking fun, and Opeth were amazing as always. I yelled "HAIL SATAN!" in a moment of silence and Mikael riffed on it for a minute. Fucking funny.

Baroness:
The Birthing
Isak
Rays on Pinion
Red Sky
O' Appalachia
Wanderlust
Grad

High on Fire:
Uh, I don't really know. Probably the same as the other shows. I know they did Death Is This Communion and closed with Devilution.

Opeth:
Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
----
The Drapery Falls

mankvill 10-24-2008 08:32 AM

:confused:

Too many people not knowing/not caring about HOF on this tour, methinks.

Time for another headlining US tour!

Probably not though. :(

ChildrenofSodom 10-24-2008 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;194738]:confused:

Probably not though. :([/QUOTE]

If they could break from their 'this is what a High on Fire song sounds like' formula, they might be more entertaining.

Firewind 10-24-2008 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;194748]If they could break from their 'this is what a High on Fire song sounds like' formula, they might be more entertaining.[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of the formula...

TonyD 10-24-2008 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;194738]:confused:

Probably not though. :([/QUOTE]

Yes, when I went I'd say at least 95% of the people there were there just to see Opeth and didn't know or care about either of the other bands

HellhammerMario 10-24-2008 11:53 AM

Going to see this in Raleigh tonight. Haven't been this excited for all the bands on a show in a while.

ADD 10-24-2008 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;194748]If they could break from their 'this is what a High on Fire song sounds like' formula, they might be more entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the same could be said for Opeth, or most any band for that matter.

ChildrenofSodom 10-24-2008 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=ADD;194758]Pretty sure the same could be said for Opeth, or most any band for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Not saying I hated High on Fire, but it seemed to sound the same. Copy and Paste.

DethMaiden 10-24-2008 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;194799]Maybe. Not saying I hated High on Fire, but it seemed to sound the same. Copy and Paste.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think that comes down to lack of familiarity with the material in a live setting. If I actually had prior knowledge of HOF's music, I'd have been able to discern the songs. They were still not as good as Baroness and Opeth though :D.

LoveInSlowMotion 10-24-2008 06:25 PM

I'd love to see Opeth some time. I completely forgot they were going to be in Philly up until a week afterwords :tp: