WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Helloween -- Hollywood, CA -- October 6th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9074)

metalmilitia54 10-18-2008 08:05 AM

Helloween -- Hollywood, CA -- October 6th, 2008

Hey guys, this is my first post, hopefully I'm doing well with it haha.

Well I thought the show was the best I've seen this year so far, and it's got the best encore I've ever witnessed.

Looking at the other posts of the Hellish Rock US tour, it doesn't look like Gamma Ray and Helloween vary their sets much for the show as the setlist is as follows:

Gamma Ray Set List:

Intro: Welcome
1. Into The Storm
2. Heaven Can Wait
3. New World Order
4. Fight
5. Empress
6. Valley Of The Kings
7. Rebellion In Dreamland
8. Heavy Metal Universe
9. Walls Of Jericho/Ride The Sky
10. Somewhere Out In Space
ENCORE
11. Send Me A Sign

Helloween Set List:

Intro: Crack The Riddle
1. Halloween
2. Sole Survivor
3. March Of Time
4. As Long As I Fall
5. A Tale That Wasn't Right
6. Drum Solo
7. Mr. Torture
8. Eagle Fly Free
9. If I Could Fly
10. Paint A New World
11. Dr. Stein
ENCORE
12. Medley:
- I Can
- Where The Rain Grows
- Perfect Gentleman
- Power
- Keeper Of The Seven Keys
13. Future World (w/Gamma Ray)
14. I Want Out (w/Gamma Ray)

But I loved the songs the bands chose so I had no problem there. I bought me a Gamma Ray and Helloween shirt there. Now I want to see Gamma Ray headline! :rocker:

Maiden33 10-18-2008 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=metalmilitia54;194290]
5. Empress
8. Heavy Metal Universe[/QUOTE]

I've realized these are the only reasons I don't like Gamma Ray's set on this tour. If they would drop these and add any other LOTF2 song in place of Empress and any Powerplant song in place of Heavy Metal Universe, their set would be about as good as they can do for an hour.

JuuKun 10-18-2008 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;194306]I've realized these are the only reasons I don't like Gamma Ray's set on this tour. If they would drop these and add any other LOTF2 song in place of Empress and any Powerplant song in place of Heavy Metal Universe, their set would be about as good as they can do for an hour.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have complained with either of them being switched for other songs, but I have to say that Heavy Metal Universe is fairly fun with all the crowd interaction (even if it did drag on for quite some time).

MetalJ 10-18-2008 01:27 PM

What's wrong with Empress?

metalmilitia54 10-18-2008 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=JuuKun;194309]I wouldn't have complained with either of them being switched for other songs, but I have to say that Heavy Metal Universe is fairly fun with all the crowd interaction (even if it did drag on for quite some time).[/QUOTE]

I personally liked all the songs on the set, BUT I would have preferred "Man On A Mission" over "Empress" greatly haha. I felt like that song would have been a great crowd pleaser. HMU was really fun though with the crowd.

andrew_metalhead 10-19-2008 10:50 AM

i was at this show. i loved singing along for empress and heavy metal universe:)

metalmilitia54 10-19-2008 12:46 PM

However, I wish Gamma Ray would have performed "Ride The Sky" and "Rebellion..." in full. I love the long guitar solos, and the second half of "Rebellion..." is epic! Missing the climaxes there!!!!

Also, Helloween only performing the final chorus of "Keeper" was a very short-lived moment of thrill...that song's got more epic parts in the middle. They spent too much time with "Perfect Gentleman" in the Medley.

Criticisms aside, I still loved this show :rocker: