WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Obituary -- New York, NY -- October 5th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8984)

girnny777 10-05-2008 09:10 PM

Obituary -- New York, NY -- October 5th, 2008

[B]Unleashed[/B]
To Asgaard We Fly
Never Ending Hate
Your Children Will Burn
This Is Our World Now
Black Horizon
Midvinterblot
Death Metal Victory
Into Glory Ride
Hammer Battalion
Before The Creation Of Time

[B]Obituary - Partial and Out of Order[/B]
Find The Arise
Left To Die
Chopped In Half
Turned Inside Out
Insane
Forces Realign
Threatening Skies
Evil Ways
Drop Dead
Contrast The Dead
----------------------
Drum/Guitar Solo
?
Slowly We Rot

I have to say I was pretty disappointed in Obituary tonight. They continued to focus on the newer material with only one song from Slowly We Rot. Also there was very little crowd interaction, John Tardy spoke to the crowd maybe 3 times. And finally, Ralph Santolla's guitar was WAY TOO FUCKING LOUD. It was easily louder than the rest of the band to the point that I could barely hear John's vocals and Donald's drums most of the time. Really annoying.

Unleashed on the other hand were great. Can't wait to see them again.

kulamram 10-06-2008 03:21 AM

obituary

This reviewer must've been standing right in front of Santolla's amp because things sounded just fine from where i was right in the front between JT and Trevor! Also, didn't they do the Celtic Frost cover right after "Forces Realign"?

p.s. Unleashed was AMAZING!!

Unholy Emperor 10-06-2008 05:13 AM

Unleashed is always amazing even though they start to age a bit (Anders is the youngest recently turned 35...).
Canīt wait for their european tour...

mankvill 10-06-2008 07:03 AM

Unleashed was fantastic, but I also loved Obituary!

Can't wait to see Unleashed again on Paganfest 2k9! :horns:

Elvenking 10-06-2008 08:35 AM

Out here in chicago it seemed the same for Obituary, other then the sound. More people seemed into Unleashed. I was standing by the bar most of the time watching Obitary and noticed, how bored i got, becuase that was the vibe of the show, everyone was preety much just standing there not moving. Really really weird thing to see.

mankvill 10-06-2008 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Elvenking;193508]Out here in chicago it seemed the same for Obituary, other then the sound. More people seemed into Unleashed. I was standing by the bar most of the time watching Obitary and noticed, how bored i got, becuase that was the vibe of the show, everyone was preety much just standing there not moving. Really really weird thing to see.[/QUOTE]

that's so weird, people were headbanging for Unleashed, but went absolutely mental for Obituary!

Elvenking 10-07-2008 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;193513]that's so weird, people were headbanging for Unleashed, but went absolutely mental for Obituary![/QUOTE]

I wish we had that. I've noticed that alot of people don't do much for the older bands. I'm almost dreading going to overkill saturday for this reason. All the damn kids are talking of warbringer and skelotonwitch (I think they are playing) It's like HELLO WATCH OVERKILL, there still around for a reason. and with out them you would not have those other two bands, well kinda sorta.

mankvill 10-07-2008 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Elvenking;193593]I wish we had that. I've noticed that alot of people don't do much for the older bands. I'm almost dreading going to overkill saturday for this reason. All the damn kids are talking of warbringer and skelotonwitch (I think they are playing) It's like HELLO WATCH OVERKILL, there still around for a reason. and with out them you would not have those other two bands, well kinda sorta.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Skeletonwitch is fucking fantastic. But yeah, they should stay for Overkill. :horns: