WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Raven -- Allentown, PA -- September 12th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8865)

Maiden33 09-12-2008 10:40 PM

Raven -- Allentown, PA -- September 12th, 2008

FIRST OFF, I realize we're supposed to keep thread names down to one band name, but I just can't. Raven were technically headlining but I have the least info on them. And Of the 3 bands I have the most info on, none was really on a better billing than the other.

Alright, long story short: Aside from the 2 random schmuck bands in the bar and the 2nd rate cover band, this was a great show, and it was finally great for us to get to play with a bunch of bands in our general bracket of music. Zandelle were absolutely fucking awesome, Sacred Oath were pretty good, Raven were a ton of fun as always for what of their set I could stay for, and I felt my band played well and there were actually people really into our set.

Zandelle set list:
1.Blood Red Shores
2.Flames of Rage
3.The Champion
4.The Final Hour
5.Bringer of Doom
6.Inner Strength
7.Dragon's Hoard
8.Warlords of Steel (including about 2 minutes of Master of Puppets)

Necromance set list:
1.Necromance
2.The End of Our Days
3.Stand Up and Fight
4.The Prisoner (Iron Maiden)
5.Never Look Back
6.Destiny Calls
7.Power of the Night (Savatage)
Encore: (yes, actual by-demand encore)
8.Holy Diver (Dio) (on request)

Sacred Oath set list:
1.Two Powers
2.Darkness Visible
3.A Crystal Vision
4.Words Upon the Stone
5.Ferryman's Lair
6.Battle Cry
7.Rising From the Grave
I think they may have not actually played all of those songs, but I missed some of their set due to breakdown from my band's set, so I just have the physical paper and no way of knowing what actually got played. The songs I can garuntee were played were Two Powers, Ferryman's Lair, and Rising From the Grave.

Raven set list:
1.Take Control
2.Live at the Inferno
3.All For One
4.Breaking You Down (new)
5.? (didn't catch the name)
6.Rock Until You Drop
There was obviously a lot more but I had a killer headache and needed to get home and get to bed. I should hopefully be getting the correct set list soon and then updating.

hot_turkey_ed 09-13-2008 03:50 AM

You're killing my headlines! :D

Maiden33 09-13-2008 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed;191830]You're killing my headlines! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I really didn't want this cut down to just my band. We were the least important band of the 4 set lists I gave, and for once my review didn't actually revolve around us... I just don't really know what better could be said.

hot_turkey_ed 09-13-2008 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;191835]I'm sorry, but I really didn't want this cut down to just my band. We were the least important band of the 4 set lists I gave, and for once my review didn't actually revolve around us... I just don't really know what better could be said.[/QUOTE]

Ok...

mankvill 09-13-2008 07:00 AM

NECROMANCE US TOUR! DO IT!

I'm not a numbuh
I'm a free man
:eek:

Bloodcurse 09-13-2008 04:35 PM

Show was pretty good. Hung out backstage with Raven for a bit. Except for a few problems, due to a random loser (whom I won't even mention) who likes to talk shit about the show promoter, the show went well!!

Maiden33 09-13-2008 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=Bloodcurse;191874]Show was pretty good. Hung out backstage with Raven for a bit. Except for a few problems, due to a random loser (whom I won't even mention) who likes to talk shit about the show promoter, the show went well!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that'd be Tony "The Metal Clown". He can be quite the ass.

Did you catch our set? I think I saw you at one point.

Bloodcurse 09-16-2008 10:39 PM

Yup was Tony the Metal Fraud...what a fucking loser!!

Yeah i watched you guys for awhile, but then I needed a smoke and since PA laws changed, I had to go outside. BULLSHIT!

Derelict 09-17-2008 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=Bloodcurse;192120]Yup was Tony the Metal Fraud...what a fucking loser!!

Yeah i watched you guys for awhile, but then I needed a smoke and since PA laws changed, I had to go outside. BULLSHIT![/QUOTE]

Does this guy go to shows in Philly also, have short hair, and a horrendous moustache?

Maiden33 09-17-2008 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Derelict;192170]Does this guy go to shows in Philly also, have short hair, and a horrendous moustache?[/QUOTE]

Nope. More like long brown hair with horribly cut bangs, and he's usually wearing godawful spandex pants.