WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Darkest Hour -- Hollywood, CA -- Aug 27th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8802)

zakksminime 08-28-2008 11:24 AM

Darkest Hour -- Hollywood, CA -- Aug 27th, 2008

Ill do this review hw i do all the rest, i review the band then give setlists.
First was arsonists get all the girls and they were shitty as fuck. They sounded like a bunch of nise and gay ass screaming. drummer dropped his stick like 6 times. haha this was beyond entertainment it was just painful.
setlist:
Cuffed to your ankles
Shoeshine...
Scobra vs ???
game of life

Next was After the burial and i heard SOME stuff and it wasnt too bad. They hit the stage breakdown after breakdown im really getting sick of this core bullshit.
Some stuff was cool and when it wwas cool it was really meshuggahy rip off.
then they had random melodic parts. pretty gay if u ask me.
Setlist:
Pi/Aspiration
Rareform
Berzerker
A Steady Decline

NEXT FINally a band that is good.
Abigail williams were up and to me they are the only good american balck metal band i have heard. They are in no bit core at all just black metal. there new shit is fucking awesome. The keyboard player, she looks so damn sexual when she plays its hot. guitar player rips. Samus,the drummer, is fucking great. and Sorceron the singer does some high pitch dani filth-esque stuff that just blew me out of the water. if your a fan of metal check them out they are fucking GREAT.
Setlist:
Into the ashes
Empearyn
Acolytes(new song not on myspace)
Floods
Watchtower

Arsis is next and they were the second out of three bands i came for.They never arent good. They were awesome SHitty crowd response just like abigail williams. but what can u expect from a bunch of shitty scene fagcore dancers right? but arsis was good.there new drummer is pretty fucking good. man best drummer i have seen them with ever! haha
Setlist:
Diamond for disease
We Are The nightmare
The Sadistic motives
The Face Of My innocence

Stick to your guns.
TERRIBLEE!!!
Didnt watch

WINDS OF PLAGUE:
TERRIBLEEE!!!!
DIDNT WATCH

MISERY SIGNALS:
TERRIBLEE DIDNT WATCH

PARKWAY DRIVE:
SHITTYY
but i wanted to start getting close for DH so i watched
Setlist:
Boneyards
Gimme Ad
Guns For A PRo
Carrion
Deadmans Chest
Romance is Dead

As blood runs black:
man oh man thy became soo goddamn shitty.
Setlist:
Intro
Chug chug
Destroying what doesnt..
IN dying days
Hester Prynne
My Fears Have Become(SHITTY KICKSSS)
Outro

Darkest hour:
Lots of people left and i was glad i didnt have to deal with a bunch of gay hardcore faggots.Kris norris wasnt playing with them so there tech was an he pulled the solos off beautifully so it was great. SOME people tried to two step for them i wasnt having it i pushed them as fast as i could. they were lots of fun
Setlist:
Doomsayer
Sound The Surrender
Fire In THe Skies
With a Thusand words to say
Demons
Tranquil(extended drums)
Epitaph
Ethos
Convalescence
Sadist Nation
Three good bands worth checking out but those three bands were worth it.

mankvill 08-28-2008 12:04 PM

Face Of My Innocence :rocker:

And I agree about Abigail Williams being pretty good. They are black metal, but I think they have some "core" overtones. Not bad, though.

ChildrenofSodom 08-29-2008 06:16 PM

Just to reiterate......Darkest Hour need to drop all those bands but AW and Arsis. This is lame.

zakksminime 08-30-2008 10:06 AM

dude thats exactlllly what i think it should be them three an they should get like the absence a well or something that be sick