WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metal Masters -- Pittsburgh, PA -- August 16th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8767)

rgavz 08-21-2008 10:24 AM

Metal Masters -- Pittsburgh, PA -- August 16th, 2008

One of the most incredible shows I was ever at. In addition to all four band sounding tremendous, the lighting crew was amazing, set changes were short and they crowd was into the show from beginning to end. We arrived about 20 minutes prior to the gates opening, the line was at least 500 deep waiting to get in … at 4:40 p.m.

[B][u]Testament[/u][/B]
Over The Wall
The New Order
Practice What You Preach
More Than Meets The Eye
Henchmen Rides
The Formation of Damnation

First time since 1990 I saw Testament and they played probably the best 30 minute set I ever saw. Three classics and three new songs.

[B][U]Motorhead[/U][/B]
Dr. Rock
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
The Killers
Metropolis
Over The Top
In The Name Of Tragedy / Drum Solo
Just 'Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Ace Of Spades
Overkill

“We are Motorhead. We play rock n’ roll.” That says it all right there. Would have liked to hear Iron Fist, but no complaints. Three dudes make a lot of music. Mikkey Dee’s drum solo was short and sweet, about five minutes.

[B][U]Heaven and Hell[/U][/B]
E5150
The Mob Rules
Children Of The Sea
I
The Sign of the Southern Cross
Drum Solo
Time Machine
Falling Off The Edge Of The World
Tony Iommi solo
Die Young
Heaven And Hell

------Encore------
Neon Knights

First time seeing Dio-era Black Sabbath. Once again, RJD was amazing. Great stage setup with gargoyles, chain curtains and claws holding crystal balls. They did songs only from their three releases. For a dude who could be as old as 72, Dio can work the stage and had total and complete crowd control.

[B][U]Judas Priest[/U][/B]
Dawn of Creation
Prophecy
Metal Gods
Eat Me Alive
Between The Hammer and the Anvil
Devil's Child
Breaking the Law
Hell Patrol
Dissident Aggressor
Angel
The Hellion / Electric Eye
Rock Hard, Ride Free
Painkiller

------Encore------
Hell Bent for Leather
The Green Manalishi
You've Got Another Thing Coming

I was a little worried going into Priest’s set after the negative reviews they received from Wacken, but Rob was hitting his notes flawlessly. He had about half a dozen costume changes. Loved the studded cape and walking stick he wore during Prophecy. Downing/Tipton nailed every song.

I loved this show. Like I said, front to back, there wasn’t a dull moment. Pittsburgh was definitely lucky to be just one of about 15 cities to get the Metal Masters show.

mzinn85 08-22-2008 08:38 PM

I was there, show was awesome. Thank for the setlists, I did not have Testaments.

mcarthur 08-26-2008 02:59 PM

Mcarthur

Great set, but in my opinion the last band will be:

HEAVEN & HELL, Judas Priest will be the opener...

But in general Judas Priest it's a great band i'll see them,

they'll come to mexico :rocker:

Sinfulsot 09-04-2008 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=mcarthur;190947]Great set, but in my opinion the last band will be:

HEAVEN & HELL, Judas Priest will be the opener...

But in general Judas Priest it's a great band i'll see them,

they'll come to mexico :rocker:[/QUOTE]

for a small slice of Sabbath's history (3 studio albums and a live album) (i won't count the re-release stuff), i can't see that happening.