WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Latest DVD Purchases (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8730)

ravenheart 08-14-2008 07:05 AM

Latest DVD Purchases

Seeing as we have a dedicated movies forum, I figure there might as well be a dedicated DVD purchases thread.

I've recently picked up:

Black Hawk Down (3-DVD Special Edition)
Gabriel
Hitman: Extreme Edition
30 Days of Night
Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
The Island

Mostly fairly brain-in-a-jar stuff, but should all be good fun for a Saturday evening.

DethMaiden 08-14-2008 08:05 AM

I recently bought No Country for Old Men, but pretty soon I'm gonna be buying Network, Good Night and Good Luck, and All the President's Men, because I love media movies but don't own any.

ravenheart 08-14-2008 08:19 AM

I'll be getting No Country for sure, just as soon as it's 5... all DVDs get there eventually :)

DethMaiden 08-14-2008 08:24 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;189980]I'll be getting No Country for sure, just as soon as it's 5... all DVDs get there eventually :)[/QUOTE]

I only paid $8...that's less than 5 pounds I think :eyes:

ravenheart 08-14-2008 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;189981]I only paid $8...that's less than 5 pounds I think :eyes:[/QUOTE]

Yep, just about. Some stuff of that age is reaching the 5 mark (I got Gabriel for 3.50), but not all. I've got an appreciable wishlist ;)

es156 08-14-2008 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;189967]Seeing as we have a dedicated movies forum, I figure there might as well be a dedicated DVD purchases thread.[/QUOTE]

Good idea!

[QUOTE=ravenheart;189967]
Mostly fairly brain-in-a-jar stuff, but should all be good fun for a Saturday evening.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes brain-in-a-jar stuff is the best kind of stuff.

:cool:

powerslave_85 08-14-2008 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;189977]I recently bought No Country for Old Men, but pretty soon I'm gonna be buying Network, Good Night and Good Luck, and All the President's Men, because I love media movies but don't own any.[/QUOTE]Good Night and Good Luck and All the President's Men are both outstanding. Haven't seen Network, but I really should.

I recently picked up the first 3 seasons of The Office (finally!). I'm going to pre-order season 4 this weekend.

DethMaiden 08-14-2008 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;190040]Good Night and Good Luck and All the President's Men are both outstanding. Haven't seen Network, but I really should.

I recently picked up the first 3 seasons of The Office (finally!). I'm going to pre-order season 4 this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they're all great, but I think Network might even be my favorite. Chances are your local rental shack has it for a dollar, it's well worth the two hours.

ravenheart 08-15-2008 12:47 AM

I just got season 2 of The Magnificent Seven. Did anyone watch that? Eric Close, Ron Perlman and Michael Biehn sounds like a good combo to me. I've got season 1 too, but haven't watched it yet.

Also got a series called ReGenesis which sounds cool, and a mini series starring Sam Neil called The Triangle.

mankvill 08-15-2008 07:00 AM

I just bought Diary of the Dead on a whim.

What a fucking awesome movie. Not in a "This is going to win awards" type of way but in a "Holy shit this is so over the top and crazy, it's like a modern day B-Movie" type of way.

:D