WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   The Dark Knight (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8614)

SirLardsAlot 07-18-2008 12:12 AM

The Dark Knight

Just got back from the midnight release .... oh my fucking god.

We got there around 11 and there was the biggest line I'd ever seen for a movie in my whole life. The line went around the entire perimeter of the theater and well into the parking lot, and it's a 16-theater building.

Anyway, we get in and it was all-out mayhem. 10 of the theaters were showing the movie, and basically instead of going to where their ticket said, everyone just rushed any theater. We looked through 6 of the theaters before we found seats, and they were in the second row from the front, which kinda sucked. But that doesnt matter, because the movie itself was absolutely in-fucking-credible.

Christian Bale played a very good Batman and Bruce Wayne. Calm, cool, and collected as Bruce, and badass as Batman. This leads us to Heath Ledger. Now, god rest his soul, but going into this movie, hearing reviews that say "Ledger deserves an Oscar for his role." and so on, I kinda felt that they were overplaying it because of his unfortunate demise. Well, after leaving that theater, I was singing a different toon. Ledger's grasp of the Joker was incredible. He was eerie, creepy, dark, and even scary throughout the whole movie, and he did an amazing job.

*Semi Spoiler*

Now, because of all the media attention over Ledger's death and hype about his role as the joker, many people overlooked Aaron Eckhart's role as Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two-Face. Now, I've never seen any other of Eckhart's movies, heck, I'd never even heard of him, but he too played his part in the movie very well.

Overall, I can say that this is easily the best movie I've seen this year and it will definately be one of the more remembered movies of our time. 10/10

TonyD 07-18-2008 02:46 AM

Almost totally agreed.
The theater wasn't so much chaotic, but still busy.
It really is one of those must see movies, even in you didn't see the first. This should be the end of the 2 batman movie curse.

This time around there wasn't much focus on Bruce Wayne and his character wasn't developed very much because of that. The Joker and Harvey Dent were the real interesting ones, and depending on what the turnout is on the rest of the movies this year, Heath Ledger may well deserve an oscar.

I still hold Iron Man as my favorite movie so far this year, but this is a much better movie. If you don't get what I'm saying, an extreme example would be comparing The Big Lebowski to Casablanca.

DethMaiden 07-18-2008 04:08 AM

I MUST SEE THIS AND I WILL ON SATURDAY

EvilCheeseWedge 07-18-2008 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;188372]I MUST SEE THIS AND I WILL ON SATURDAY[/QUOTE]

Same here :D

SomewhereInTime72 07-18-2008 09:08 AM

Very, very, excited to see this.

rjturtle9 07-18-2008 12:47 PM

i'm going saturday. must see this movie!!!!

Div 07-18-2008 02:47 PM

What theater did you go to, was it the one by the mall in Rockaway?

Wrathchild_84 07-18-2008 03:42 PM

I just got back from seeing it. Now that was a fucking movie. I can only imagine now where Chris will go with the third movie.

SirLardsAlot 07-18-2008 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=Div;188407]What theater did you go to, was it the one by the mall in Rockaway?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the AMC in Rockaway.

powerslave_85 07-18-2008 06:58 PM

Two more hours!!!

I'm going to see it again tomorrow, haha.