WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Journey -- Irvine, CA -- July 16th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8606)

rjturtle9 07-17-2008 10:41 AM

Journey -- Irvine, CA -- July 16th, 2008

i don't have Heart's or Cheap Trick's set but here's journey

Majestic
Never Walked Away
Only The Young
Guitar Solo from Neal
Stone in Love
Ask the Lonely
After All These Years
Separate Ways
Change for the Better
Who’s Crying Now
Chain Reactions
Lights
Jonathan piano solo
Open Arms
Don’t Stop Believing
Wildest Dreams
Harmonica and Guitar Medley
Wheel in the Sky
Be Good to yourself
Anyway you want it

---------------------

Escape
Loving Touching Squeezing
Faithfully

i really didn't like the fact that they ended with faithfully. yes they did find a way to make the song end better, but ending with a ballad is just wrong. Faithfully is my favorite song from them, but still...

over all great performance, hope to see them again at the greek theater in September.

Fe Maiden 07-18-2008 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;188305]i don't have Heart's or Cheap Trick's set but here's journey

Majestic
Never Walked Away
Only The Young
Guitar Solo from Neal
Stone in Love
Ask the Lonely
After All These Years
Separate Ways
Change for the Better
Who’s Crying Now
Chain Reactions
Lights
Jonathan piano solo
Open Arms
Don’t Stop Believing
Wildest Dreams
Harmonica and Guitar Medley
Wheel in the Sky
Be Good to yourself
Anyway you want it

---------------------

Escape
Loving Touching Squeezing
Faithfully

i really didn't like the fact that they ended with faithfully. yes they did find a way to make the song end better, but ending with a ballad is just wrong. Faithfully is my favorite song from them, but still...

over all great performance, hope to see them again at the greek theater in September.[/QUOTE]Yes it was a great show but yeah, they could have chosen a better closer.

Zeltar 07-18-2008 07:35 PM

I WAS THERE

Yeah Faithfully is a bad closer but it was pretty kickass anyways. It's kinda awkward having Separate Ways in the middle of the set, it would've been a GREAT closer but it's still epic as fuck.

rjturtle9 07-19-2008 08:54 AM

i wanted them to open with seperate ways. well it's ok though cause they played all the hits so i left happy :)

Bloodcurse 07-19-2008 08:31 PM

a guitar solo after 3 songs??

Maiden33 07-20-2008 05:36 AM

This set list could use some improvement. I would like to see them doing What It Takes to Win and Where Did I Lose Your Love from the new album, and I saw that they played Edge of the Blade in Europe, which is one of my favorite Journey songs... so it's absence here saddens me. Also, the whole encore selection is just weak. All the songs should be played, but they should be doing an entirely different encore. Something like Don't Stop Believin', Any Way You Want It, and Seperate Ways. Be Good to Yourself works well there too.

rjturtle9 07-20-2008 11:23 AM

be good to yourself is a perfect closer