WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dethklok -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 27th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8519)

leglessmoof 06-28-2008 10:16 AM

Dethklok -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 27th, 2008

Missed Soilent Green due to tailgating, so I can't comment on them.

Arrived in the middle of Chimaira's set. I wasn't really into them, but they played well. From what I've heard (which isn't much), I thought they sounded better live than on their albums. According to their website the setlist was:

Pure Hatred
The Flame
Nothing Remains
Worthless
No Reason To Live
The Dehumanizing Process
Salvation
Power Trip
Resurrection

And finally, Dethklok! Their setlist was:

Deththeme
Briefcase Full Of Guts
Birthday Dethday
Awaken
Bloodtrocuted
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Dethharmonic
Castratikron
Go Forth And Die
Hatredcopter
Murmaider
Thunderhorse
------Encore------
Go Into The Water
Fansong

Rather than attempt to describe the show, I'll link you over to the [URL="http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8430"]review of the LA show[/URL] since that guy already wrote a good description.

I will say though that this was one of the tamer audiences I've seen at a metal concert, especially a death metal concert. I guess it's not all that surprising since Dethklok isn't your typical metal band. Also, when I say "tame" I don't mean that the crowd wasn't into the band, because they were. People were yelling, headbanging, and pumping their fists as per usual. But there was not much pushing/shoving outside of the moshpit. During Dethklok's set my friends and I got all the way up to the barricade with almost no effort.

Also, there were a lot of younger kids at the show, and a lot of girls too. Very promising for metal. :)

theWolfisLOOSE 06-28-2008 11:12 AM

One reason I'm sure it was tamer was because regular Philly metal show attendees, such as myself, were denied entrance because it sold out. I imagine much of the crowd were more normal people, ie adult swim nerds.

LoveInSlowMotion 06-28-2008 04:09 PM

I honestly thought Chimiara was the highlight of the show. People were going a lot more nuts for them than Dethklok. Dethklok's fans were, as stated, pretty fuckin' tame.

EchoesOfDecimation 06-28-2008 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=LoveInSlowMotion;187558]I honestly thought Chimiara was the highlight of the show. People were going a lot more nuts for them than Dethklok. Dethklok's fans were, as stated, pretty fuckin' tame.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, Dethklok's show was much more visual oriented than Chimaira's and therfore more people moved around for them. For the first time in I don't even know how long, at the show in NY, I sat down to watch Dethklok as opposed standing up and moving around.

TonyD 06-28-2008 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=LoveInSlowMotion;187558]I honestly thought Chimiara was the highlight of the show. People were going a lot more nuts for them than Dethklok. Dethklok's fans were, as stated, pretty fuckin' tame.[/QUOTE]

By tame you mean lame.
I'm sure with a little more thought, the people at adult swim could make the shows as insane as the characters voiced by James and Kirk in the first few episodes described.

rjturtle9 06-29-2008 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=theWolfisLOOSE;187547] I imagine much of the crowd were more normal people, ie adult swim nerds.[/QUOTE]

which is the reason i didn't go

Bloodcurse 06-29-2008 11:17 PM

I never understood how Dethklok got so big. I see nothing special about them, except for the fact that Gene Hoglan is the drummer.

SomewhereInTime72 06-30-2008 08:32 AM

yeah normal people are so lame god i am so much better than them

rjturtle9 06-30-2008 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=SomewhereInTime72;187599]yeah normal people are so lame god i am so much better than them[/QUOTE]

haha that's too funny

when i went to see lacuna coil last year, if someone even touched u they said sorry! that still haunts me to this day:eyes: