WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Summer Slaughter -- New York, NY -- June 26th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8512)

girnny777 06-26-2008 08:28 PM

Summer Slaughter -- New York, NY -- June 26th, 2008

[B]Whitechapel[/B]
?
?
This Is Exile
?

[B]Psycroptic[/B]
The Colour Of Sleep
Merchants Of Deceit
Lacertine Forest
Skin Coffin
Alpha Breed

[B]Born Of Osiris[/B]
?
?
An Abstract Art
Empires Erased
?
Open Arms To Damnation

[B]The Faceless[/B]
An Autopsy
Pestilence
New Song --- Sounded like "Xenocrat" or something
Oracle of The Onslaught
Hypocrisy
New Song -- The Ancient Covenant

[B]Cryptopsy[/B]
Worship Your Demons
We Bleed
Slit Your Guts
Cold Hate, Warm Blood
Phobophile

[B]Vader[/B]
Between Day And Night
ShadowFear
Sothis
Carnal
Epitaph
Wings

And that's all I got. Vader, Aborted, The Faceless and Psycroptic were awesome, Vader being the best. On the topic of Cryptopsy's new vocalist he's, well, awful. He just makes the same annoying pig squeal-esque sound for every song. The music more than made up for it though, the rest of the band still has it. Sorry for incomplete sets and missing a few, but I got what I knew.

lakebod0m 06-26-2008 08:48 PM

"On the topic of Cryptopsy's new vocalist he's, well, awful. He just makes the same annoying pig squeal-esque sound for every song."

:party: hahaha

EchoesOfDecimation 06-26-2008 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=girnny777;187453]On the topic of Cryptopsy's new vocalist he's, well, awful. He just makes the same annoying pig squeal-esque sound for every song. [/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think he was [I]that[/I] bad, I mean he's no Lord Worm, but who is? They did better than I expected, and my expectations were LOW. I honestly enjoyed myself during their set, I just think they should take out We Bleed for Carrioshine or something.

Aborted played Meticious Invagination, Dead Wreckoning, Avenious, and like 3-4 other songs, I'm just blanking now. Either way Aborted was oustanding.

The missing Psycroptic song is Lacertine Forest.

Black Dahlia's set was the same as the one in Philly.

mankvill 06-26-2008 10:35 PM

At least they're doing Slit Your Guts and Phobophile.

And that Vader setlist is pretty tasty.

Is it just me, or are the other bands getting shortchanged so BDM and Kataklysm can have fucklong sets? No disrespect, BDM puts on a great show, but what the effffffffffffffffff, six songs from Vader. :(

b1indedbyfear 06-27-2008 05:06 AM

Vader needs atleast 45 min, but that is a great set for being so short.

LoveInSlowMotion 06-27-2008 05:55 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;187458]At least they're doing Slit Your Guts and Phobophile.

And that Vader setlist is pretty tasty.

Is it just me, or are the other bands getting shortchanged so BDM and Kataklysm can have fucklong sets? No disrespect, BDM puts on a great show, but what the effffffffffffffffff, six songs from Vader. :([/QUOTE]

In philly, it seemed like everyone got shortchanged. Kataklsym was main support and they only go a half hour. BDM was done by 9:55, and they went onstage at like, 9:00. That's wqay to short for a headlining band.

JuuKun 06-27-2008 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=girnny777;187453][B]Vader[/B]
Between Day And Night
ShadowFear
Sothis
Carnal
Epitaph
Wings

Vader being the best. [/QUOTE]

Well, that last statement was a given.

Wow, so, I'm paying $25 tonight to see Vader play six songs? I mean, yeah, I've wanted to see Aborted, and Kataklysm would be cool to see again...but that's just a plain fucking short show.

Though, I guess I have to admit, those are pretty much all my favorite Vader songs (just missing This Is The War).

Still not sure if I can even get there for tonight, but if I can, I guess it'll be worth it.

b1indedbyfear 06-27-2008 10:20 AM

Basically only 5 songs since Between Day and Night is just an intro.

Derelict 06-27-2008 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=LoveInSlowMotion;187463]In philly, it seemed like everyone got shortchanged. Kataklsym was main support and they only go a half hour. BDM was done by 9:55, and they went onstage at like, 9:00. That's wqay to short for a headlining band.[/QUOTE]

That's the troc for you

Slasherous 06-29-2008 05:52 PM

at...

Detroit, Vader came back out and played Hallelujah (God is Dead)