WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iron Maiden -- Irvine, CA -- May 31st, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8408)

Fe Maiden 06-01-2008 06:40 PM

Iron Maiden -- Irvine, CA -- May 31st, 2008

Transylvania (over the PA with Ed Force 1 footage)
Churchill's Speech
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Number of the Beast
Can I Play with Madness
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Heaven Can Wait
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
--------------------------
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Yes, that is the same set list as the night before.

What a difference a day makes however. I don't know if it was just me but Saturdays show just had a whole different feel to it. Security was a lot more beefed up and much more strict. It was not as loud IMO, although loud enough, and very clear and crisp meaning the sound was GREAT! The crowd was very different as well. Friday was intense and crazy while this crowd "seemed" a bit more mellow and laid back! Don't get me wrong the crowd was definitely into it just not apeshit crazy and sometimes even scary like Friday. I did however see several babes flashing their jumblies:drool:

I was sitting right next to some guy dressed up in a Trooper outfit! We talked for a bit before Maiden started. He could not believe that I had first seen Maiden in 1983!!! He had not even been born then! I could see in his eyes that he was kind of in awe of me being this far out older gentlemen who has seen many a Maiden show in his days! It felt like he wanted to go back in time and see the shows that I saw. Well, that was the whole point of this tour was it not? Maiden literally took us all [I]Somewhere Back In Time[/I]. So many memories came surging into the forefront of my mind as I was watching and listening and just getting swept away to another time and place by my favorite band ever! Remembering the drives up from San Diego to the Long Beach Arena during the World Slavery Tour and then back for classes the next day and then back to Long Beach again for another show!!! Oh those were the days! I saw another dude with a pharaoh (sp.) hat on. Thought that was a bit funny!

The show was just fantastic and that does not even come close to describing it! Maiden just nailed everything! The pyros, the lights, the sound.......just everything seemed to be perfect! Dave was just totally on fire with his solos! The band seemed to really be enjoying themselves as well! Bruce mentioned that this show was the best so far of this tour. He also mentioned a new album and tour for next year!!! They will be back! :party:

Saw all sorts of people at this show. I saw kids that were barely 3 or 4 years old to gray haired old men! I saw complete metalheads to what appeared to be professional businessmen types as well as every walk of life in between. How amazing that a band that has been around for so long can have such a mass appeal and still go out and kick everyone's ass and leave them with ringing ears (mine are) and a feeling of euphoria. I know after my 2 nights with Maiden this week I will be feeling the PMB (post Maiden blues) but I will always have the terrific memories of these incredible nights with me! As for now I am still feeling the euphoria! I amost cried during Revelations. It was just that moving! During Rime I was just grinning from ear to ear as I was rocking out! I am also just so happy that I got to share the Friday night show with my son! He thanked me today and I was on cloud 9! Another young member in the Maiden family!!!! However, that being his first concert, others will most likely pail by comparison! Maiden are truly a class act and really proved it on this tour.

Much to the dismay of my wife, I did spend a bit of cash on merch. LA event shirt, LAD Tour shirt, & coffee mug. What will my students think when they see me with that mug in class?

I couldn't help but feel like it was 1985 again at times! Damn that was a good feeling! Somewhere Back In Time! Yes, that is where Maiden took me these past 2 nights and the memories of these two shows will also pop up from time to time in the future for sure! I will go Somewhere Back In Time to these memories often! Great job Maiden! Just OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!!!

I am still taking in all I saw and heard and further words are just escaping me at the moment! In closing all I have to say is WOW! Just f*ckin g WOW! 2 of the best shows I've ever seen!

Thanks for reading!

mankvill 06-01-2008 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden;186103]He also mentioned a new album and tour for next year!!! They will be back! :party:[/QUOTE]

album? Awesome!
tour? KANSASPLZ :(

rjturtle9 06-01-2008 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden;186103]

I saw complete metalheads to what appeared to be professional businessmen types as well as every walk of life in between.

Much to the dismay of my wife, I did spend a bit of cash on merch. LA event shirt, LAD Tour shirt, & coffee mug. What will my students think when they see me with that mug in class?

Thanks for reading![/QUOTE]

haha my history teacher went to the 31st show and he's always wearing a suit so he can be one of the business people. i told him he has to wear a shirt to school tomorrow haha

yeah i spent a lot of money on merch also. $140.00 on shirts. 4 shirts to be exact haha

ChildrenofSodom 06-01-2008 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;186110]album? Awesome!
tour? KANSASPLZ :([/QUOTE]

Carry On My Wayward Son.

ADD 06-01-2008 11:06 PM

[SIZE="7"]MAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Fuck yeah :metal:

Maiden33 06-02-2008 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;186110]album? Awesome!
tour? KANSASPLZ :([/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to start saving to travel now.