WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dio -- Birmingham, England -- May 27th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8379)

mankvill 05-28-2008 12:42 PM

Dio -- Birmingham, England -- May 27th, 2008

Source: [url=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=97908]Blabbermouth[/url]

01. Holy Diver
02. Killing the Dragon
03. The Eyes
04. Don't Talk to Strangers
05. Drum Solo
06. Sacred Heart
07. Rainbow in the Dark
08. Temple of the King
09. Kill the King
10. Guitar Solo
11. Lord of the Last Day
12. Rock 'n' Roll Children
13. Stand Up and Shout
14. Man on the Silver Mountain
15. Catch the Rainbow
16. Long Live Rock and Roll
17. The Last in Line
18. We Rock

JRA 05-28-2008 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;185782]

02. Killing the Dragon

06. Sacred Heart

09. Kill the King

12. Rock 'n' Roll Children

[/QUOTE]

:party: :party: :party: :party:

The only thing I'd fix is switch Catch The Rainbow with Stargazer or Gates of Babylon.

Maiden33 05-28-2008 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;185782]02. Killing the Dragon
06. Sacred Heart
09. Kill the King
11. Lord of the Last Day
12. Rock 'n' Roll Children[/QUOTE]

:drool: :party: :dance:

TOUR HERE NOW.

JRA 05-28-2008 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;185791]:drool: :party: :dance:

TOUR HERE NOW.[/QUOTE]

He will be...

...with Heaven & Hell. :D

ravenheart 05-28-2008 03:41 PM

Had exactly this setlist in London tonight.

They don't play the whole of Catch The Rainbow, it's just the first verse or so to link Man On The Silver Mountain and Long Live Rock And Roll. Temple of The King, likewise, is only a verse or two.

The guitar solo also includes part of Magica Theme.

Girlschool supporting set:

C'Mon Let's Go
Not For Sale
Hit And Run
Never Say Never
Screaming Blue Murder
Future Flash
I Spy
Race With The Devil
Take It All Away
Demolition Boys
Emergency

Interesting thing, amongst all the shit old songs, was new song I Spy, from their new album due in August. They said they've got loads of guests on it, one of which is RJD, who sings that song (didn't sing it on the night though - missed opportunity). Easily the best song they've got.

Dio also missed a trick: Doro Pesch was in the crowd, but not invited to sing.

Maiden33 05-28-2008 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;185793]He will be...

...with Heaven & Hell. :D[/QUOTE]

This set list > Anything Heaven and Hell will be doing. At least in my opinion anyway. Also, if Dio tours here he'll play decent sized venues where I can get GA tickets for like $30 and be front row, whereas Heaven and Hell = me being cheap and buying lawn tickets because I'm not paying a fortune to sit in like the 1st or 2nd section of seats.

Benjamin Breeg 05-29-2008 03:25 AM

Wow, that's a great set. Great to see a couple of Sacred Heart songs there but i do wish he'd play Institutional Man

ravenheart 05-29-2008 03:50 AM

[QUOTE=Benjamin Breeg;185846]Wow, that's a great set. Great to see a couple of Sacred Heart songs there but i do wish he'd play Institutional Man[/QUOTE]

Me too. And some stuff from Strange Highways. I love that disc.

EvilCheeseWedge 05-29-2008 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;185849]Me too. And some stuff from Strange Highways. I love that disc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I really wish he'd bring back some Strange Highways. My main complaint with Dio sets remains the same... all but three of the songs in the set were recorded at least 23 years ago. Nothing from Dream Evil. Nothing from Wolves (that's okay though) nothing from Highways, nothing from Machines, one song from Magica, one song from KTD, and one song from Master of the Moon. Not saying there's anything wrong with the set, I do like it, but it's just a little weird that most of it consists of songs that are 25+ years old, yet he's been constantly releasing material in the intervening years...

ravenheart 05-29-2008 08:04 AM

Well, it's an improvement. Last time I saw him there was NOTHING post-The Last In Line. Admittedly it was on the Holy Diver tour, but still.

I would love some Wolves material too. I love that disc.