WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saxon -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8197)

ravenheart 04-23-2008 05:06 PM

Saxon -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2008

St George's Day Massacre
Venue: Shepherd's Bush Empire

[b]Sweet Savage[/b] (7:20-7:45)
Ground Zero
Queen's Vengeance
Take No Prisoners
Killing Time
Eye of The Storm

[b]Girlschool[/b] (8:10-8:40)
C'Mon Let's Go
Hit And Run
Screaming Blue Murder
Coming Your Way
Yeah Right
Race With The Devil
Demolition Boys >
Emergency

[b]Saxon[/b] (21:10-23:00)
Princess of The Night
Let Me Feel Your Power
The Return >
Lionheart
Never Surrender
Iron Wheels
Jack Tars >
English Man O' War
The Thin Red Line
Witchfinder General
Sixth Form Girls
Warrior >
Battle Cry >
Man And Machine
I've Got To Rock (To Stay Alive)
Attila The Hun
And The Bands Played On
The Power And The Glory
-----------------
State of Grace
747 (Strangers In The Night)
Denim And Leather
Ashes To Ashes
-----------------
Crusader

maidenpriest 04-23-2008 06:50 PM

only 3 songs i really like from these guys. 747, denim and leather, and princess being my favorite. looks like it wouldve been fun tho

ravenheart 04-24-2008 12:54 AM

[QUOTE=maidenpriest;183692]only 3 songs i really like from these guys. 747, denim and leather, and princess being my favorite. looks like it wouldve been fun tho[/QUOTE]

Picked a couple of their weakest ones there! The later stuff is all much better, for my money. So Attila The Hun, Lionheart, Witchfinder General, English Man O' War... all excellent.

Would have liked some stuff from the Metalhead and Killing Ground albums, personally, but this was one hell of a set.

Words can't describe how crap Girlschool are, though. Even if two of them are really hot.

Fe Maiden 04-24-2008 06:26 AM

The Eagle Has Landed is sorely missing!

ravenheart 04-24-2008 07:08 AM

Well, yes and no. They play it a lot, so I didn't miss it. Wouldn't have missed Crusdar and 747 either...

Maiden33 04-24-2008 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;183714]Picked a couple of their weakest ones there! The later stuff is all much better, for my money.
Would have liked some stuff from the Metalhead and Killing Ground albums, personally, but this was one hell of a set.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
I think the best Saxon releases are Lionheart and Heavy Metal Thunder. HMT offers great rerecorders of the classics that sound much more fresh and in my opinion better than their original counterparts.
I've always found Killing Ground to be very inconsistant, but would love to see the title track or Dragons Lair. Metalhead has some great stuff on it.

devilball 04-26-2008 02:42 AM

I was there, and I may have been drunk, but I remember st least part of Battle Cry being played.

ravenheart 04-28-2008 01:07 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;183739]Agreed.
I think the best Saxon releases are Lionheart and Heavy Metal Thunder. HMT offers great rerecorders of the classics that sound much more fresh and in my opinion better than their original counterparts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed they sound much better than the originals (everything sounds great live too with their modern heavier sound), but the production on that disc blows. Mostly because they didn't bother doing any!

ravenheart 04-28-2008 01:10 AM

[QUOTE=devilball;183883]I was there, and I may have been drunk, but I remember st least part of Battle Cry being played.[/QUOTE]

Although the setlist posted on various news sites strangely omits Warrior, Man And Machine and English Man 'O' War, it doesn't mention Battle Cry either. I certainly don't remember it being played.

devilball 04-28-2008 02:07 AM

I knew I wasn't that drunk!! [url]http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=1028[/url]
It's a long thread full of pics from the gig, you'll find the seylist towards the bottom of the 1st page.