WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rush -- San Juan, PR -- April, 11th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8095)

maidenpriest 04-11-2008 11:08 PM

Rush -- San Juan, PR -- April, 11th, 2008

Off of Rushisaband.com Looks almost exact same as previous leg. Sucks they took out Circumstances and Entre Nous. Ah well

Limelight
Digital Man
Ghost of a Chance
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Between The Wheels
Dreamline

Intermission

Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
Armor and Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Malignant Narcissism (drum solo)
Hope
The Spirit of Radio
2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx
Tom Sawyer (South Park intro)

Encore
One Little Victory
A Passage To Bangkok
YYZ

TonyD 04-11-2008 11:13 PM

Definitely worth switching out those two for Red Barchetta, the Trees and Temples of Syrinx
I'm still wishing that I just would have seen the R30 tour instead of this past one.

maidenpriest 04-11-2008 11:15 PM

I got to see the R30 tour. The greatest concert i have ever been to. 2112 was a absolute highlight because they played the normal Overture/Syrinx but they added Grand Finale. just amazing

hot_turkey_ed 04-12-2008 02:06 AM

I will be seeing Rush for the first time with my bass sensei and a guitarist I'm starting to jam with... we got great tix 24 hours ago at face through TicketAssRapeMaster. Honestly, it doesn't matter what they play. I'm pretty much going to that guy crying for Tom Sawyer. Ok, maybe not that guy. I've been listening to Snakes & Arrows a lot. Ok, the new stuff + Tom Sawyer. :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 04-13-2008 11:08 AM

Similar set list to last years tour. I was going to pass, but I'm getting in for free, so I figured "why not?".

ADD 04-13-2008 01:37 PM

Damn alright well I guess I save money on this show too. I was banking on a totally revamped set.

floydhunter9 04-13-2008 02:23 PM

Damn it all, I will kill to see Rush live. >_<

es156 04-13-2008 04:03 PM

Well, I guess I have mixed feelings about this set list. It seems like Alex Lifeson did an interview where he stated that they were going to change 8-9 songs. I certainly don't see that here. There were also strong rumors that they would play Jacob's Ladder and I don't see that either. (That would have been amazing because I have never seen that one live.) I would much rather see Entre Nous or Circumstances than Ghost Of A Chance, even though I do like the song. Trading Secret Touch for Red Barchetta is fine by me, but I am disappointed that Distant Early Warning has been dropped. I am glad that Digital Man, Between The Wheels, Witch Hunt and Natural Science are still in the set.

Having said all of that, I still think this is a [I]good[/I] set list. But I was really hoping for a [I]great[/I] set list.

Fe Maiden 04-13-2008 04:20 PM

Good looking set to me! It's got Red Barchetta:drool:

Ghost Of A Chance is good live!

The Trees and Freewill, Natural Science!! Heck yeah, Great set list!!

Pavo - You will like this show!!!

maidenpriest 04-13-2008 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=es156;182933]There were also strong rumors that they would play Jacob's Ladder and I don't see that either.[/QUOTE]

Im hoping they play it for the mainland US since they have never played in PR so they tried playing more of the hits.