WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   KAMELOT To Team Up With EDGUY For U.S. Tour (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7937)

es156 03-07-2008 04:50 PM

KAMELOT To Team Up With EDGUY For U.S. Tour

Source: [URL="http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92480"]Blabbermouth[/URL]

[I]American/Norwegian melodic metallers KAMELOT will embark on a U.S. headlining tour in the fall. "Special guests" on most of the shows will be German metallers EDGUY.

Tickets will go on sale today exclusively through EnterTheVault.com until April 11, at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems.

KAMELOT U.S. dates are as follows:

Oct. 10 - Ft Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
Oct. 14 - Cambridge, MA @ Middle East *
Oct. 15 - New York City, NY @ BB Kings *
Oct. 16 - West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx *
Oct. 17 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's *
Oct. 18 - Mokena, IL @ Pearl Room *
Oct. 20 - St Paul, MN @ Station 4 *
Oct. 23 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon *
Oct. 24 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater *
Oct. 25 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's *
Oct. 26 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club *
Oct. 27 - Mexicali, MX @ El Jardin Silencio *
Oct. 29 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Oct. 31 - San Antonio, TX @ Scout Bar
Nov. 01 - Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
Nov. 02 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater

* With EDGUY

It is expected that one more show will be added for KAMELOT in Atlanta. There will also be some yet-to-be-announced EDGUY headline dates prior to the start of the KAMELOT tour.[/I]

:rocker:

Spiral_Slave 03-08-2008 08:59 AM

DAMNIT! WHY IS EDGUY NOT PLAYING THE ONLY FLORIDA DATE?! Oh well, here's to me hoping Edguy will play a Florida off-date, however slim the chances may be.

DethMaiden 03-09-2008 03:46 PM

Octoeer 17th is a Friday...I may be forced to make the journey to Cleveland, if only for the Edguy portion of this show.

es156 03-09-2008 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;180763]Octoeer 17th is a Friday...I may be forced to make the journey to Cleveland, if only for the Edguy portion of this show.[/QUOTE]

How far are you from Cleveland?

DethMaiden 03-09-2008 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=es156;180765]How far are you from Cleveland?[/QUOTE]

Four hours.

es156 03-09-2008 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;180766]Four hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a haul. That is about what it took me to get to Cincinnati. I won't be doing that on a regular basis, ha ha.

DethMaiden 03-09-2008 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=es156;180767]Yeah, that's a haul. That is about what it took me to get to Cincinnati. I won't be doing that on a regular basis, ha ha.[/QUOTE]

Sunday I'm driving seven hours to Toronto. :dorky:

But for Maiden, anything goes :D

es156 03-09-2008 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;180769]Sunday I'm driving seven hours to Toronto. :dorky:

But for Maiden, anything goes :D[/QUOTE]

None of the normal rules apply when Maiden is concerned! Is this going to be your first time seeing them?

By the way, how far are you from Cincinnati? (I can't remember if I asked you that before.)

Maiden33 03-10-2008 03:31 AM

Brad, it would seem to me you would likely be a much bigger Kamelot fan than Edguy if you gave them a chance, being that Edguy are much more of a "cliche power metal band".

Either way, I'm obviously quite happy as I love both bands.

DethMaiden 03-10-2008 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=es156;180770]None of the normal rules apply when Maiden is concerned! Is this going to be your first time seeing them?

By the way, how far are you from Cincinnati? (I can't remember if I asked you that before.)[/QUOTE]

Yep, first time :rocker:

I'm an hour and a half from Cincy, same distance from Columbus. So those are my two gimme cities with concerts. Dayton sometimes gets lucky and I'll go there.

[QUOTE=Maiden33;180785]Brad, it would seem to me you would likely be a much bigger Kamelot fan than Edguy if you gave them a chance, being that Edguy are much more of a "cliche power metal band".

Either way, I'm obviously quite happy as I love both bands.[/QUOTE]

I've listened to Kamelot before and even though they're pretty cool, they lack what makes me really love Edguy: Edguy are fucking [I]fun[/I].