WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Neurosis -- Brooklyn, NY -- January 25th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7788)

EchoesOfDecimation 01-31-2008 06:54 PM

Neurosis -- Brooklyn, NY -- January 25th, 2008

[B]Neurosis[/B]
Given To The Rising
Hidden Faces
A Season In The Sky
At The End Of The Road
To The Wind
Distill
Water Is Not Enough
Burn
The Doorway

[B]Mastodon[/B]
The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
I Am Ahab
Siberian Divide
Hand Of Stone
Trilobite
Bladecatcher
Colony Of Birchmen
Blood And Thunder
Aqua Dementia
Where Strides The Behemoth
Mother Puncher
Iron Tusk
March Of The Fire Ants

Outstanding show on almost every level. As you can see Masotdon's set was quite obscure to say the least, I read somewhere that the night before they played Battle At Sea and Hearts Alive as well as some other weird choices. Either way I was very content. Unfortunatley Mastodon's sound was a bit off, but Neurosis has some of the best sound I've ever heard at a live show. And boy was it LOUD, it was hands down the single loudest show I've ever been too, but that's how Neurosis should be heard: LOUD

overkiller 01-31-2008 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=EchoesOfDecimation;178828]Neurosis has some of the best sound I've ever heard at a live show. And boy was it LOUD, it was hands down the single loudest show I've ever been too, but that's how Neurosis should be heard: LOUD[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts. What a performance. :drool:

TonyD 01-31-2008 07:11 PM

Not too obscure, sure a few songs that you usually don't hear live. I hope Battle At Sea was good.
Lets hope this becomes a regular thing for future shows. What I would do to hear Slickleg...
Who played first? Or did they rotate each night?

overkiller 01-31-2008 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;178830]
Who played first?[/QUOTE]

Mastodon played only this one date I believe, and they opened, thank goodness. I was so glad someone had the brains to not let Neurosis open for Mastodon, even though Mastodon is far more popular here.

EchoesOfDecimation 01-31-2008 07:49 PM

Mastodon played both dates. It was definetly great to see that Mastodon opened (although they both had roughly and hour and fifteen minutes) because Neurosis totally deserve to headline. Mastodon also took a minute to briefly state how happy and honored they were to play these two shows and seemed very grateful for Neurosis (which makes sense because they are their biggest influence).

SomewhereInTime72 01-31-2008 08:38 PM

I wish I was there. :(

insipidzombie 02-01-2008 09:00 AM

It wasn't written on their printed setlist, but Mastodon also played Capillarian Crest between Colony of Birchmen and Blood of Thunder. I'm positive about that. but everything else is accurate. Actually, Sleeping Giants was written in but they skipped it.

[QUOTE=EchoesOfDecimation;178828]

[B]Mastodon[/B]
The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
I Am Ahab
Siberian Divide
Hand Of Stone
Trilobite
Bladecatcher
Colony Of Birchmen
Blood And Thunder
Aqua Dementia
Where Strides The Behemoth
Mother Puncher
Iron Tusk
March Of The Fire Ants[/QUOTE]

DethMaiden 02-01-2008 01:34 PM

Siberian Divide!? Trilobite?! Goddamn, I've never seen either of those gems live, I'm jealous.

causeofdeath 02-21-2008 07:19 PM

where was this show? i was so pissed that i missed this i found out about it after

EchoesOfDecimation 02-21-2008 10:28 PM

Brooklyn Masonic Temple