WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Metallica: New Album Will Be Out When It's Ready ... Pavo: So What?! (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7760)

hot_turkey_ed 01-23-2008 10:35 PM

Metallica: New Album Will Be Out When It's Ready ... Pavo: So What?!

SO FUCKING WHAT? :D

We all heard the past reports of when it was supposed to be ready. Quite frankly, I lost interest. I could care less. If Metallica announced tomorrow that it was all over, I'd say thanks for memories... if that. Metallica has ceased to be relevant to my metal universe in any current or future sense. Enjoy a little of the old stuff in Guitar Hero or Rock Band doesn't even count in my book.

How many of you really still give a shit about Metallica or the new album?

powerslave_85 01-23-2008 10:38 PM

I'll give the new one a shot, but only because I have faith in Rick Rubin.

SomewhereInTime72 01-23-2008 10:58 PM

I don't care, if I hear a song and it sounds promising I might be willing to give it a shot. Not expecting anything though.

ADD 01-23-2008 11:13 PM

Actually lately I've been listening to more Metallica than I have probably since I first got into them. Kill 'Em All and Master Of Puppets are literally in constant rotation in my friends car so that's why, but I'm not complaining cuz now I remember again that they recorded some of the most awesome metal ever :metal:

Fe Maiden 01-25-2008 10:36 AM

Who is Metallica?:eyes:

JRA 01-25-2008 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;178532]I'll give the new one a shot, but only because I have faith in Rick Rubin.[/QUOTE]

I remember a few years ago waxing about how Bob Rock was a huge problem in Metallica's sound, and how "they should get Rick Rubin! He'd fix everything, he made Reign In Blood for fuck's sake! :D " Then the unthinkable happened and they actually got rid of Rock and snatched Rubin. On the one hand my "wish" was granted, but this wish was made long before I came to realize how politics, economy, and above all age play a factor in to making music. Especially for a band like Metallica.

ravenheart 01-26-2008 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed;178531]How many of you really still give a shit about Metallica or the new album?[/QUOTE]

Me. All the way. None of this band-wagon "Metallica died when they made a video" or "Metallica died when they made Load" bullshit for me.

metal_man1019 01-27-2008 05:19 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;178627]Me. All the way. None of this band-wagon "Metallica died when they made a video" or "Metallica died when they made Load" bullshit for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here

DethMaiden 01-27-2008 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;178627]Me. All the way. None of this band-wagon "Metallica died when they made a video" or "Metallica died when they made Load" bullshit for me.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. They died when the made the Black Album. :true:

ChildrenofSodom 01-27-2008 07:03 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;178649]Nonsense. They died when the made the Black Album. :true:[/QUOTE]

Black Album > Some Kind of Monster