WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   The Starving Musician (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Why not, Check Out My Band Too (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7495)

Maiden33 11-12-2007 09:08 AM

Why not, Check Out My Band Too

Well, since SpiralSlave just did it for his as well, I figured I might as well join the club and get in on the action.
Unfortunately my band has been together for over 3 years now and has yet to record a good quality demo in a studio. We've got our self-recorded/produced demo from summer 2005, but it's highly inferior to what we're capable of these days, so we've got 4 live audio recordings from when we opened for Doro and Chris Caffery back in June 2007. They're not amazing quality, but definately good enough to get a good idea of what's going on. Also, we've got a bunch of videos up on the page as well from a show we did over the summer. I think you can see even more of them if you search our name on YouTube, including a video of us doing Maiden's Wasted Years.
I figured I'd do this because I commonly post reviews of our shows up on this site but never links to our myspace so you can actually hear what we sound like. Check it out, and any [I]constructive[/I] feedback will be appreciated.
[URL="www.myspace.com/necromancetheband"]www.myspace.com/necromancetheband[/URL]

EvilCheeseWedge 11-12-2007 09:42 AM

:lol: What have I done? I suppose I should start a "Now Performing" thread where we can all whore out our respective bands ;)

I'll check this stuff out once I'm at a PC with sound. I think I've listened to you guys before. Come play in Ohio imo. Also, send us any spare bassists :(

Maiden33 11-12-2007 11:03 AM

Haha, no luck on spare bassists. We were together for almost a year before we found the one we've had since. It's hard enough to find someone who actually plays bass, let alone a real bassist who is a good player of the instrument and isnt just a rhythm guitarist looking for an easy way out.

EvilCheeseWedge 11-12-2007 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;172342]Haha, no luck on spare bassists. We were together for almost a year before we found the one we've had since. It's hard enough to find someone who actually plays bass, let alone a real bassist who is a good player of the instrument and isnt just a rhythm guitarist looking for an easy way out.[/QUOTE]

Dang. We've never really had one. Me and a friend have switched on and off, but he's our drummer now (we got tired of "lawl beat whut?"), and I'm really just one of those rhythm guitarists looking for an easy way out :lol: so we're holding out on finding an actual bassist at the moment.

Maiden33 11-12-2007 02:35 PM

Yeah, on our 2005 demo I played bass in addition to my guitar parts... We were really starting to get concerned but then out of nowhere I met a kid who is basically dedicating his entire life to being like Steve Harris, which couldn't be more perfect for us. Haha.