WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   W.A.S.P. -- London, UK -- November 2nd, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7450)

ravenheart 11-02-2007 07:38 PM

W.A.S.P. -- London, UK -- November 2nd, 2007

[b]The Crimson Idol Tour 07/08
Venue: Astoria
Support: House of Games
Stage Times: 20:00-21:30[/b]

The Titanic Overture
The Invisible Boy
Arena of Pleasure
Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)
The Gypsy meets the Boy
Doctor Rockter
I Am One
The Idol
Hold on to my Heart
The Great Misconception of Me
--------------------
L.O.V.E. Machine
Wild Child
Take Me Up
Blind In Texas

JRA 11-02-2007 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;171491]
-------------------
L.O.V.E. Machine
Wild Child
Take Me Up
Blind In Texas[/QUOTE]

What's up with that second "half"? That's not a set, that's an encore. :wtf:

Maiden33 11-02-2007 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;171494]What's up with that second "half"? That's not a set, that's an encore. :wtf:[/QUOTE]

Have you seen a WASP set list from any time in the last several years? They're being generous compared to their old 11 or 12 song hour and 10 minute set.

PowerMaiden 11-03-2007 01:10 PM

Blackie Lawless is the biggest asshole in the history of HM, too bad , I saw them in '86 they were a great bunch of freaks

btw: that setlist sucks big time

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden 11-03-2007 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=PowerMaiden;171518]

btw: that setlist sucks big time
[/QUOTE]

INCORRECT.

zgodt 11-03-2007 08:05 PM

Any WASP setlist without The Manimal is incomplete.

Maiden33 11-03-2007 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;171529]INCORRECT.[/QUOTE]

There are two types of WASP fans:

1.Those who accept the Crimson Idol as their lord and savior.

2.Those who think they were better when they threw raw meat at the crowd and did fake torture routines onstage and just played the same boring, generic 80s metal with only more retarded lyrics than your average hair metal band.

JRA 11-04-2007 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;171534]

2.Those who think they were better when they threw raw meat at the crowd and did fake torture routines onstage and just played the same boring, generic 80s metal with only more retarded lyrics than your average hair metal band.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what you Crimson Idol fanboys thought of WASP's earlier material. :lol:

Maiden33 11-05-2007 06:42 AM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;171546]I was wondering what you Crimson Idol fanboys thought of WASP's earlier material. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I [I]like[/I] close to everything they've ever done, but I just favor the Crimson Idol exponentially higher than just about everything else.

ravenheart 11-05-2007 08:39 AM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;171494]What's up with that second "half"? That's not a set, that's an encore. :wtf:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Normally they play 70 minutes. This time it was 90. We lost out on two songs which are being played elsewhere on the tour (I Wanna Be Somebody and Hate To Love Me). I think the second half varies depending on local curfews.

[QUOTE=Maiden33;171534]There are two types of WASP fans[/QUOTE]

Not true. There are three. Thus:

3. Those who have realised that
a) Crimson Idol is not their finest work because in reality all the songs have the same riff and the same lyrics
b) The Headless Children is their best album
c) Helldorado blows (this may actually be a feature of all three kinds of W.A.S.P. fans)
d) Unholy Terror, Dominator and Dying For The World are all great albums and are ridiculously overlooked.
e) The Neon God was a desperate attempt at recreating The Crimson Idol. This was mostly obvious because it had all the same riffs and the same lyrics.

How can Dominator be overlooked when it's only been out for five minutes, you ask? On the "Dominator World Tour" they played one song from the album at two shows. That was all. On this tour, which is the first tour since the album's release, they play one song. If that's not overlooking your new album, I don't know what is!

[QUOTE=zgodt;171530]Any WASP setlist without The Headless Children is incomplete because The Manimal sucks.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm probably the biggest W.A.S.P. fan here. Seriously. Love 'em. But The Crimson Idol really isn't their best album. Great story, but such a repetative record. This really comes out live. A song ends, the lights go down, the lights come back up and the same riffs starts again. Bor-ing. The encore was enjoyable purely because we finally got to hear some real riffs!

On the plus side the Scotti Hill/Jack Frost hyrbid Doug Blair has really come into his own. He's still no Darrell Roberts, but he's good enough.

This tour really needed a two hour set, which is what their PR rep told me they'd be playing. A full hour of other songs, with more from the new album, especially as they change the stage backdrops to the Dominator cover, would have made it a great show. I love this band, but they're so fucking lazy.