WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Queensrÿche -- Tucson, AZ -- February 14th, 2005 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=731)

powerslave_85 02-14-2005 09:29 PM

Queensrÿche -- Tucson, AZ -- February 14th, 2005

Just got back from the Queensryche show. The first thing that struck me was the horribly lax security. I walked in the front door without recieving much more than a sideways glance from the guards. They simply checked my ticket and sent me on my way. No pat downs or searches. In a world post-Dimebag, this is absolutely inexcusable, and incredibly irresponsible. I could have walked in there with an assualt rifle and I doubt anyone one would have noticed. Sickening. Anyways, as has been the custom on this tour, the band took the stage about 20-25 minutes late. Geoff walked out on stage dressed in black and wearing sunglasses. They played the same setlist that they've been playing all tour:

The Whisper
Empire
Another Rainy Night (Without You)
Open
Take Hold of the Flame
When the Rain Comes
Jet City Woman
Last Time In Paris
Silent Lucidity

The band seemed somewhat bored during the first set, but so did the crowd. I swear, I've never seen a more boring crowd in my life. Most were 30 or older, and 95% of the people on the balcony sat down the entire time. WTF?? I'm sorry, but you do NOT sit down at a rock concert. That's just blasphemy. My friend Aaron and I were seated in the front row of the balcony, and we were rocking our asses off the whole time. During the pre-Mindcrime intermission, a security guard actually came up to us and asked if we would mind sitting down or moving to the back because people behind us were complaining that they couldn't see. What. The. Fuck. He said he couldn't do anything about it, and that we could stand if we wanted to, but he said it might be best if we sat down. I told him we weren't sitting down, and we weren't moving, and he left us alone. Fucking whiners. This is a rock concert, not a damn movie theater!!

All was soon forgotten though, when they started playing Mindcrime. Holy shit, it was amazing. The band increased their energy tenfold, and the stage production was excellent, and really helped enhance the music. I'm not going to post the setlist, because pretty much everyone knows it or can read it from another review. Also, I'm not going to say much about the stage show, because it's best left a surprise, but trust me, it's great. The highlights for me were "Revolution Calling," "Suite Sister Mary," and "The Needle Lies," which totally fucking rocked. At the end of the show, the played their new song "Hostage" over the PA and a video clip announced O:MC II. All in all, it was an absolutely amazing show, and the band was great, especially Geoff and Pamela Moore, who did backup vocals. It was a truely awe-inspiring sight to see this album performed live like that! :rockdevil

Bouville 02-14-2005 09:33 PM

When we went to see Otep at The Pound there was no security. It is too sad organizers are stupid enough to make the same mistake twice!

hot_turkey_ed 02-14-2005 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85]Just got back from the Queensryche show. The first thing that struck me was the horribly lax security. I walked in the front door without recieving much more than a sideways glance from the guards. They simply checked my ticket and sent me on my way. No pat downs or searches. In a world post-Dimebag, this is absolutely inexcusable, and incredibly irresponsible. I could have walked in there with an assualt rifle and I doubt anyone one would have noticed. Sickening. Anyways, as has been the custom on this tour, the band took the stage about 20-25 minutes late. Geoff walked out on stage dressed in black and wearing sunglasses. They played the same setlist that they've been playing all tour:

The Whisper
Empire
Another Rainy Night (Without You)
Open
Take Hold of the Flame
When the Rain Comes
Jet City Woman
Last Time In Paris
Silent Lucidity

The band seemed somewhat bored during the first set, but so did the crowd. I swear, I've never seen a more boring crowd in my life. Most were 30 or older, and 95% of the people on the balcony sat down the entire time. WTF?? I'm sorry, but you do NOT sit down at a rock concert. That's just blasphemy. My friend Aaron and I were seated in the front row of the balcony, and we were rocking our asses off the whole time. During the pre-Mindcrime intermission, a security guard actually came up to us and asked if we would mind sitting down or moving to the back because people behind us were complaining that they couldn't see. What. The. Fuck. He said he couldn't do anything about it, and that we could stand if we wanted to, but he said it might be best if we sat down. I told him we weren't sitting down, and we weren't moving, and he left us alone. Fucking whiners. This is a rock concert, not a damn movie theater!!

All was soon forgotten though, when they started playing Mindcrime. Holy shit, it was amazing. The band increased their energy tenfold, and the stage production was excellent, and really helped enhance the music. I'm not going to post the setlist, because pretty much everyone knows it or can read it from another review. Also, I'm not going to say much about the stage show, because it's best left a surprise, but trust me, it's great. The highlights for me were "Revolution Calling," "Suite Sister Mary," and "The Needle Lies," which totally fucking rocked. At the end of the show, the played their new song "Hostage" over the PA and a video clip announced O:MC II. All in all, it was an absolutely amazing show, and the band was great, especially Geoff and Pamela Moore, who did backup vocals. It was a truely awe-inspiring sight to see this album performed live like that! :rockdevil[/QUOTE]

* Lack security IS bullshit, even for this crowd.

* People sat in SF too. Total bullshit.

It sounds like you the same kind of experience (minus the guard thing in the balcony) as us.

hot_turkey_ed 02-14-2005 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=Bouville]When we went to see Otep at The Pound there was no security. It is too sad organizers are stupid enough to make the same mistake twice![/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING for Danzig w/ Doyle in Las Vegas at the Hard Rock.. and it was a big fucking crowd. :mad:

Bouville 02-14-2005 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING for Danzig w/ Doyle in Las Vegas at the Hard Rock.. and it was a big fucking crowd. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow, you just convinced me that Danzig is just a fucking moron. In Babblermouth he claims to be one of the first to use metal detectors in his gigs and he claims that he ALWAYS have a strong security watching his concerts.

BULLSHIT!!! :mad:

hot_turkey_ed 02-14-2005 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=Bouville]Really? Wow, you just convinced me that Danzig is just a fucking moron. In Babblermouth he claims to be one of the first to use metal detectors in his gigs and he claims that he ALWAYS have a strong security watching his concerts.

BULLSHIT!!! :mad:[/QUOTE]

Search that story for turkey... you'll see my post calling bullshit on him. Of course, I also referenced a link here... :party:

EvilCheeseWedge 02-15-2005 05:24 AM

Man, what is with these crowds? I can understand why the band is bored if people won't even stand! Our crowd was crazy the whole time in Cleveland. You can hear it on my recordings. We were all head banging down in the front; everybody was screaming and singing along, etc. it was great. It was a very enthusiastic crowd. Geoff made several remarks about it. :rockdevil

Fe Maiden 02-15-2005 07:10 AM

No one so far on any reviews of any shows of this tour mentions encores. Are there none???? :confused:

EvilCheeseWedge 02-15-2005 07:44 AM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden]No one so far on any reviews of any shows of this tour mentions encores. Are there none???? :confused:[/QUOTE]

The "encore" is just Hostage over the PA.

Fe Maiden 02-15-2005 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCheeseWedge]The "encore" is just Hostage over the PA.[/QUOTE]
So no real encore :angry: