WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Into Eternity -- Reading, Pa -- August 15th, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7089)

theWolfisLOOSE 08-15-2007 10:05 PM

Into Eternity -- Reading, Pa -- August 15th, 2007

1. Novus Inceptum
2. Nothing
3. Spiraling Into Depression
4. Severe Emotional Distress
5. A Past Beyond Memory
6. Splintered Visions
7. Elysium Dream
8. Out
9. Pain Through Breathing
10. Timeless Winter
11. Paralyzed
12. Beginning of the End

They absolutely annihilated as headliners, and yes, they did actually play Elysium Dream. Top notch performance and it sounded great as well. My only issue was the lack of crowd, but Reading seems to be in the middle of nowhere, so what can you do... Great band, great guys. Awesome!

Maiden33 08-16-2007 08:17 PM

For how many times I've had to suffer through their opener sets I can't even imagine how much these guys would blow as headliners. Good to know they played so close to me and I had no idea about it.

Axis_Of_Metal 08-17-2007 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;165240]For how many times I've had to suffer through their opener sets I can't even imagine how much these guys would blow as headliners. Good to know they played so close to me and I had no idea about it.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with Into Eternity

theclansman1114 08-17-2007 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;165240]For how many times I've had to suffer through their opener sets I can't even imagine how much these guys would blow as headliners. Good to know they played so close to me and I had no idea about it.[/QUOTE]

:party::party::party::dance::fist:

SomewhereInTime72 08-17-2007 02:34 PM

They're pretty good live, I don't understand how you can dislike them so much. They're not amazing or anything... but come on.

Maiden33 08-17-2007 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=Bastard_Of_Bodom;165263]Whats wrong with Into Eternity[/QUOTE]

What's [I]not[/I] wrong with Into Eternity is the more appropriate question. They are absolutely terrible songwriters. Their songs like any real substance and the arrangement of them seems as though they merely put "shit" in a blender and hit "Puree until Prog". The lyrics are absolutely terrible and stupid from what I've heard, and the presentation of them is quite jokeable. It says a lot (or a little, rather) about your skills when you've got like 3 guys in the band that do vocals and they all suck badly. The "singer" (and I use that term loosely) cannot sing cleanly at all. His high falsetto is very weak, and his growling is just bad. The guitar playing is pretty pointless collectively, just a lot of silly chromaticism and mindless shred. Let's not even begin to talk abotu their bad habbits of getting on bills with bands that are completely different from them, forcing the band's fans to sit through their pathetic abuse of music.