WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Deep Purple -- Radio City, NYC -- August 7th, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7066)

TheWhisper88 08-08-2007 04:58 PM

Deep Purple -- Radio City, NYC -- August 7th, 2007

This was my first time seeing Deep Purple and let me say they were great! First off, I had really good seats (front row on the 2nd Mezzaine) and the sound and acoustics in Radio City Music Hall were awesome. The band played great as well, especially for being in their 50s and 60s. The only downer was that Thin Lizzy, who were scheduled to open cancelled and The Original Vanilla Fudge replaced them. Now I'm not too familiar with all that many Deep Purple songs, I only know about 10-15 or so; so I'll do my best with the setlist. I'm sure of most of the songs and a few not too sure...

Pictures Of Home
Things I Never Said
Into The Fire
Strange Kind Of Woman
Rapture Of The Deep
Woman From Tokyo
*Steve Morse guitar solo*
Well Dressed Guitar
Lazy
Knocking At Your Back Door
*Don Airey keyboard solo*
Perfect Strangers
Space Truckin'
Highway Star
Smoke On The Water
-------------------------------------------------
The Battle Rages On
Hush

I left halfway though Hush because I wanted to beat the crowd and my parking meter was about to run out, so I don't know if they played anything after it. Overall it was a great experience and I am definetly happy that I went. Great show!
By the way the lighting effects were very cool and well done and I was very impressed by Steve Morse's solo/Well Dressed Guitar...

iggyb387 08-08-2007 05:54 PM

First encore song was The Battle Rages On.

Great show. Too lazy to actually review.

Oh and after Lazy, it was Knocking at Your Back Door.

TheWhisper88 08-08-2007 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=iggyb387;164461]First encore song was The Battle Rages On. [/QUOTE]

Oh thanks. I'm not too familiar with that song but I've seen that they have played it before in recent shows. What was the other song called that I put as The Battle Rages On? It sounded familiar but I can't figure out what it is. And, did they play anything else after Hush? Thanks.

ADD 08-08-2007 05:59 PM

I was originally planning on seeing this tour when I saw Lizzy were on the bill too, but when they dropped off so did I :D

iggyb387 08-08-2007 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=TheWhisper88;164462] What was the other song called that I put as The Battle Rages On? It sounded familiar but I can't figure out what it is. And, did they play anything else after Hush? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It was Knocking At Your Back Door.

Nothing after Hush. I was expecting Black Night, but alas, no. :(

DethMaiden 08-09-2007 11:06 AM

No Child in Time?

JRA 08-09-2007 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;164554]No Child in Time?[/QUOTE]

I think Ian Gillian's lungs would leap out of his mouth, sprout legs and run the fuck away if he tried that.

DethMaiden 08-09-2007 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;164600]I think Ian Gillian's lungs would leap out of his mouth, sprout legs and run the fuck away if he tried that.[/QUOTE]

Too bad, since it's the best non-Coverdale Purple song.

ADD 08-09-2007 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;164601]Too bad, since it's the best non-Coverdale Purple song.[/QUOTE]

It's the best Deep Purple song, period.

DethMaiden 08-09-2007 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=ADD;164619]It's the best Deep Purple song, period.[/QUOTE]

Burn. :hmm: