WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Family Values Tour -- St. Louis, MO -- July 20th, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7011)

Rob 07-22-2007 08:48 PM

Family Values Tour -- St. Louis, MO -- July 20th, 2007

I went to see the first show of the Family Values Tour 2007 on Friday. They had two stages, but unlike the way Ozzfest used to do it (back when they rotated stages), the two stages actually overlapped. So there was no trying to rush back and forth to see all the bands. You pretty much had to decide what bands you wanted to see and then just miss the band that was playing on the stage you were not at. So obviously this set list will be very incomplete. There are instances where I was able to get a few songs from bands playing at the same time. So hereís my best shot at it:

[U]Last Starfighter (2nd stage)[/U]
I have never heard of these guys and didnít even know they were on the bill. Walked by them as I was heading into the gate, didnít sound horrible, but we didnít stay to see them

[U]Droid (Main Stage)[/U]
Vengeance Is Mine
The Resurrection
Behind Dead Eyes
Built to Last
God of Anger
Fueled By Hate

[U]Neurosonic (Main Stage)[/U]
???
Crazy Sheila
(Left for 2nd stage)

[U]Bloodsimple (2nd Stage)[/U]
I didnít know they were on the bill either. But Iíve seen them open for other bands and they werenít too bad, so we thought we would come over and listen to them for a bit, but the sound board guy informed us once we got over there that they didnít show up.

[U]Through You (2nd Stage)[/U]
Culo
Get Out
(Left for Main stage)

[U]Trivium (Main Stage)[/U]
To the Rats
Unrepentant
Becoming the Dragon
A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Matyr
(They had 30 minutes to play, but to my disappointment, quit after these 5 songs and still had almost 10 minutes left, so I donít know what happened there. Maybe with it being the first show of the tour, they thought these 5 would take their full time. So maybe theyíll add on songs on later shows.)

[U]HellYeah (Main Stage)[/U]
HellYeah
Matter of Time
God Damn
Stone Cold Crazy (Queen cover)
Rotten to the Core
Alcohauliní Ass
You Wouldnít Know
(Iím going to add a quick editorial here to say that these guys stole the show. They were that good. Going that Korn was the best band, these guys were a very close second. They were just that good.)

During these two bands, over on the second stage, we missed Twin Method completely and got back over to see Invitroís last song.

[U]Five Finger Death Punch (2nd Stage Headliners)[/U]
???
Ashes
The Bleeding
The Way of the Fist
Salvation
???

[U]Atreyu (Main Stage)[/U]
Exís and Ohís
Becoming the Bull (new song)
The Crimson
Creature
Blow (new song)
Bleeding Mascara
You Give Love A Bad Name (Bon Jovi cover)
Doomsday (new song)
Right Side of the Bed
Lip Gloss and Black

[U]Evanesence (Main Stage)[/U]
I want to warn you this is very incomplete. Iím not a huge fan of them, but was trying my best to get the set list. But her voice was not mixed very well at all and it was very hard to hear her singing. So if I didnít recognize the song, I really couldnít write some the chorus lyrics down and go search them later. They played 12 songs total, and here are 6 I know they played:
Sweet Sacrifice
Going Under
Haunted
My Immortal
Call Me When Youíre Sober
Bring Me To Life

[U]Korn (Main Stage)[/U]
Here to Stay
???
Come Take Me (??? Didnít recognize, but these seemed to be the chorus lyrics)
Dead Bodies Everywhere
Hold On
Bottled Up Inside
Take Away My Pain
Coming Undone
Falling Away From Me
Play Me
Fake
Trash
You Will Never Be (??? Didnít recognize, but these seemed to be the chorus lyrics)
Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd cover)
(They left the stage for the encore here.)
Twisted Transistor
Got the Life
Evolution
Freak on a Leash
Blind

ChildrenofSodom 07-22-2007 09:44 PM

Shoulda stayed home and read Harry Potter.

zgodt 07-22-2007 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;162902]Shoulda stayed home and read Harry Potter.[/QUOTE]
+1

ChildrenofSodom 07-22-2007 10:17 PM

I was being sarcastic, but not really.

jaysadler2 07-23-2007 05:16 AM

Very poor trivium set. :hmm:

Hellyeah and korn would've been awesome to see, both had longer setlists than at download festival in u.k, was joey jordison the drummer 4korn?

sneakbobcat 07-23-2007 06:31 AM

KoRn and Atreyu's setlists both look good. KoRn played Play Me!!
The rest isn't so impressive. Nice show though

DethMaiden 07-23-2007 09:32 AM

Wow, you saw that and lived to tell about it? You, sir, have an incredible tolerance for lameness.

sylpriest 07-23-2007 10:58 AM

wow Trivium really do suck now...I used to be a big fan but that set just proves how shit they are.

ChildrenofSodom 07-23-2007 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=sylpriest;162941]wow all those bands really do suck...I used to be a big fan but that was before I actually listened to their music.[/QUOTE]

fix-ed