WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Necromance -- Whitehall, PA -- June 26th, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6926)

Maiden33 07-01-2007 08:47 AM

Necromance -- Whitehall, PA -- June 26th, 2007

As usual, I'm reviewing my own band's shows on here. Lately we've finally been playing some shows again after almost a year away. This was going to be a special occasion for us. We were playing a 90 minute set in front of a very large fair crowd... the fair is a very big deal in my community so we knew turnout would be impressive, which it was.
We reported to the stage at about 6:30 PM. Before we could set anything up we needed them to turn on the power and we needed to move the drum riser onto the stage. We spent till 7:15-ish setting up all our gear and such, then ran through about a song and a half sound check to make sure that everything was working and the mix of all the instruments was good from the perspective of the audience. We then moved offstage and played some music over our PA to pass the time until we went on. At about 8:30 when a pretty big crowd had assembled we had our friend Tony take the mic and introduce us, and then he started our intro music... we were back behind the stage. As the music ended we walked on, and then wasted no time in getting into our set.

Set List:
1.Intro
2.Reality
3.Losing Faith
4.Bring Me Down
5.The Game
6.Wasted Years (Iron Maiden)
7.Necromance
8.The End of Our Days
----------------------
(Churchill's Speech)
9.Aces High (Iron Maiden)
10.Memories
11.The Idol w/ extended guitar solos (WASP)
12.Breaking the Chains
13.Destiny Calls
14.See You In Hell (Grim Reaper)
15.Drum Solo
16.We Will Rise / Heaven and Hell (Sabbath)
Outro (Hammerfall - In Memoriam) \

All in all, a pretty good show I thought. The longer shows are always full of obstacles, but we did pretty well I think. Crowd response was excellent, especially to the covers. Definately a memorable experience and luckily we got the whole thing on tape.

JRA 07-01-2007 09:43 AM

You still have that female singer? I'm curious to hear her take on "The Idol."

...wait a second, Dokken's "Breaking The Chains?"

ADD 07-01-2007 11:41 AM

Killer! :party:

theclansman1114 07-01-2007 06:46 PM

NO, not Dokken's Breaking the Chains, it's an original.

I broke a string during Bring Me Down. :(

Spiral_Slave 07-01-2007 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=theclansman1114;161294]NO, not Dokken's Breaking the Chains, it's an original.

I broke a string during Bring Me Down. :([/QUOTE]

Did it...bring you down? :eyes:

theclansman1114 07-01-2007 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=Spiral_Slave;161295]Did it...bring you down? :eyes:[/QUOTE]

Extremely... I played the song out... but then I tried to use my V for the next song but wound up sitting it out and throwing a fresh string on my Les Paul...

My V couldnt stay in tune... p.o.s.!

Throwing a fresh string on couldn't have happened at a better time... I wasn't needed for The Game, I don't have a solo, no lead, and there is no harmony. So it was kinda ok.

powerslave_85 07-01-2007 06:57 PM

What do you use as your intro music?

theclansman1114 07-02-2007 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;161298]What do you use as your intro music?[/QUOTE]

The theme from the Gettysburg (the movie) Soundtrack.

Maiden33 07-02-2007 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;161298]What do you use as your intro music?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as TheClansman1114, my co-guitarist said, it's the main theme from the movie "Gettysburg". Spectacular movie and soundtrack if you're unfamiliar.

Also, we have our own short "intro" that we composed ourselves that we play that always proceeds our first song.