WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mastodon -- Orlando, FL -- May 25th, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6712)

sylpriest 05-27-2007 03:54 PM

Mastodon -- Orlando, FL -- May 25th, 2007

Um...yeah one of the best shows I have ever been to.
Seriously.

These Arms Are Snakes were good, had that RATM vibe going.

Cursive reallllllllllly surprised me. They were awesome. Very original band and sound really good live.

Here's where it gets crazy. Everyone is waiting for Against Me! to start playing. All the punk, scene and emo kids are down on the main floor. I am extremly excited. Then the curtains open and BAM!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Tusk starts play. Mastodon is playing and this monster pit breaks out causing panic with the non-metal heads as they fled to the back. It was a classic sight to see. :D Mastodon blew me away live. Amazingly good and sounded spot on perfect. Some neat songs in the set. Iron Tusk, The Wolf is Loose, March of the Fire Ants and Blood and Thunder were my favorite. Such an awesome show.

And opening with Iron Tusk is a great way to start off the show :party:

Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Circle Cysquatch
Aqua dementia
Sleeping Giant
The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
Capillarian Crest
I Am Ahab
Siberian Divide
Bladecatcher
Colony Of Birchmen
megalodon
Joseph Merrick
Blood and Thunder

No words can describe how great and fun Against Me! where live. They were amazing. The crowd was packed out to see them. The set was amazing. I can't remember the order cause I was so wrapped up in going crazy but I know they played

Pints of Guinness Make You Strong(opener)
Cliche Guevara
Problems
Sink, Florida, Sink
You Look Like I Need a Drink
Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious
Reinventing Axl Rose
Unprotected Sex With Multiple Partners:party: :party: :party:
From Her Lips To God's Ears
Don't Lose Touch
Americans Abroad
Up the Cuts
White People For Peace
Full Ses
T.S.R.
The Disco Before the Breakdown(closer)

When they played Disco they all switched instruments and Warren jumped into the audience. It was amazing and alot of fun. Can't wait to see all 4 bands again!

Spiral_Slave 05-27-2007 04:32 PM

I'm glad they are playing Siberian Divide but I still can't get over how fucked this tour is.

DethMaiden 05-27-2007 07:49 PM

SIBERIAN DIVIDE AND JOSEPH MERRICK!? :mad: :mad:

Glad you had fun though :tongue:

powerslave_85 05-27-2007 08:06 PM

Awesome setlists for both Mastodon and AM! :rockdevil So, are they taking turns headlining the shows, or what? Because I thought AM! would be on before Mastodon.

sylpriest 05-28-2007 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;158267]Awesome setlists for both Mastodon and AM! :rockdevil So, are they taking turns headlining the shows, or what? Because I thought AM! would be on before Mastodon.[/QUOTE]

AM! headlined cause it was Florida and it was a "hometown" show :)