WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I had to say goodbye to a good friend today (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6525)

powerslave_85 04-03-2007 05:52 PM

I had to say goodbye to a good friend today

My friend Eric had a brain tumor removed a little over a year ago, and he was doing pretty well with chemo and treatments. But a few weeks ago, he had a seizure and had to go back to the hospital. They were going to do another surgery, but they found another tumor, this time on the other side of his brain. It had grown to the size of a golf ball in a week. It's completely inoperable, and there's just nothing anyone can do. We found about this from his girlfriend yesterday, so we all drove up to Phoenix to see him. His dad says that the doctors give him about a month, but given the shape he's in now, it'll probably be less than that. Luckily, they set up hospice care in his parents' house for him, so he doesn't have to spend his last days in a hospital. Today was the last time we'd see him. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever had to do; I'm choking back tears just writing about it. He's only 20. It's not fucking fair.

I'm not looking for sympathy or any of that bullshit. I just ask that you keep him and his family in your thoughts/prayers/whatever. Thanks guys.

Fe Maiden 04-03-2007 06:03 PM

Sorry man, he was way too young for that!

ChildrenofSodom 04-03-2007 06:21 PM

That really sucks man. My condolences go out to you and all those affected.

zgodt 04-03-2007 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;150969]I'm not looking for sympathy or any of that bullshit. I just ask that you keep him and his family in your thoughts/prayers/whatever. [/QUOTE]

Okay. I will.

powerslave_85 04-03-2007 07:20 PM

Thanks guys :)

Bouville 04-03-2007 07:56 PM

I'll do as you say...

Nemesis 04-03-2007 09:04 PM

Don't try to choke back the tears, let them run. I really appreciate what you did, it demands a lot of inner strength. I hope your friend won't have to suffer during his last days.

powerslave_85 04-03-2007 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=Nemesis;151028]I hope your friend won't have to suffer during his last days.[/QUOTE]Me too. I take a lot of comfort in the fact that he gets to spend the time at home, with his family, instead of some hospital.

All I know is that I'm going to have a mini heart attack every time my phone rings.

Nemesis 04-03-2007 09:16 PM

I know it won't help you very much, but you should give Terry Jacks -Seasons In The Sun a listen.
It's about going and letting go. A sad song indeed, but also uplifting :)

SirLardsAlot 04-03-2007 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;150969]My friend Eric had a brain tumor removed a little over a year ago, and he was doing pretty well with chemo and treatments. [/QUOTE]

I remember you posting about that. I'm very sorry to hear that Nick, my condolences to your, your friend, and his family. :(