WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   HEAVEN AND HELL: New York City Show To Be Filmed/Recorded For Upcoming CD/DVD (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6436)

es156 03-17-2007 05:59 AM

HEAVEN AND HELL: New York City Show To Be Filmed/Recorded For Upcoming CD/DVD

Source: [URL="http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68903"]Blabbermouth[/URL]

:party:

MetalDrummer888 03-17-2007 08:38 AM

YES :party: :party:

KerryKingsBeard 03-17-2007 09:31 AM

I'll be there :party:

SomewhereInTime72 03-17-2007 12:40 PM

I saw this coming from so far away.

EvilCheeseWedge 03-17-2007 02:31 PM

Well, I'm glad they're filming this, but I'm obligated to point that Black Sabbath has not released any fully new material since 1995. In 2007, they will...

> Release a greatest hits
> Go on a Dio greatest hits tour
> Release an old concert DVD
> Release a new concert DVD

I'm glad to see this line-up back on tour. But I'm sad to know that Sabbath will mark the end of their career with a 10+ year stint of cashing in.

JRA 03-17-2007 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCheeseWedge;148590]Well, I'm glad they're filming this, but I'm obligated to point that Black Sabbath has not released any fully new material since 1995. In 2007, they will...

> Release a greatest hits
> Go on a Dio greatest hits tour
> Release an old concert DVD
> Release a new concert DVD

I'm glad to see this line-up back on tour. But I'm sad to know that Sabbath will mark the end of their career with a 10+ year stint of cashing in.[/QUOTE]

You need to stop caring so much about that. It'll make life less stressful.:D

EvilCheeseWedge 03-17-2007 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;148591]You need to stop caring so much about that. It'll make life less stressful.:D[/QUOTE]

It doesn't bother me. I would rather them not soil their name further by releasing albums such as [i]Angel of Retribution[/i] to keep the appearance of wanting to create new material, but really, only recording new stuff as an excuse to tour on the old stuff.

However, they failed me in this respect as they recorded three of the worst songs I've ever heard. And then stuck 'em on a greatest hits collection. That's just bullshit. They should've axed all three of the new turds for "Sign of the Southern Cross" - an [i]actual[/i] classic. Or any song that could either be called "great" or a "hit."

JRA 03-17-2007 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCheeseWedge;148593]
However, they failed me in this respect as they recorded three of the worst songs I've ever heard. And then stuck 'em on a greatest hits collection. That's just bullshit. They should've axed all three of the new turds for "Sign of the Southern Cross" - an [i]actual[/i] classic. Or any song that could either be called "great" or a "hit."[/QUOTE]

:agree:

MetalDrummer888 03-17-2007 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCheeseWedge;148593]I would rather them not soil their name further by releasing albums such as [i]Angel of Retribution[/i] to keep the appearance of wanting to create new material, but really, only recording new stuff as an excuse to tour on the old stuff. [/QUOTE]

:nonono:

es156 03-17-2007 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCheeseWedge;148593]It doesn't bother me. I would rather them not soil their name further by releasing albums such as [i]Angel of Retribution[/i] to keep the appearance of wanting to create new material, but really, only recording new stuff as an excuse to tour on the old stuff.

However, they failed me in this respect as they recorded three of the worst songs I've ever heard. And then stuck 'em on a greatest hits collection. That's just bullshit. They should've axed all three of the new turds for "Sign of the Southern Cross" - an [i]actual[/i] classic. Or any song that could either be called "great" or a "hit."[/QUOTE]

You sound like a bitter old man.

;)