WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Clutch -- Orlando, Fl-- March 3rd, 2007 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6394)

sylpriest 03-04-2007 07:56 AM

Clutch -- Orlando, Fl-- March 3rd, 2007

You can't stop progress. And that is what Clutch is. You can't stop Clutch. The hardest working band in music and to me the greatest live band in the world. I showed up to the venue 5 hours before doors opened. I even got to see Clutch rehearse "Open Up the Border" which I was extremly excited to hear because it isn't often played live and one of my favorite tracks of my favorite Clutch CD, Pure Rock Fury. The show was sold out and packed out. I was up front and dead center. I picked myself up a shirt and saw JP, Clutch's drummer, and got him to sign my Elephant Riders album. First band, Dub Trio, hit the stage at 9 and they were really good. if they got a vocalist they'd be amazing. five Horse Johnson was next and they blew the crowd away. They sounded great and got the crowd going. I knew tonight was going to be a crazy show. Then out comes Clutch. Neil walks over to the mic and goes "Good evening, we're Clutch" and bam they open with Burning Beard. The set list was incredible. Not a bad song at all. What was weird was I knew all the lyrics to the new songs and Neil kept singing them to me. It was an amzing feeling. And by far is Neil Fallon is the greatest frontman for any band you'll ever see. His hand movements to his facial expressions just show his intesity that he puts into every show. the crowd was really into it. Better then last time I saw them. The whole place was jumping. At the end I managed to get the setlist but luckily for me I knew every song anyways:D

Best song of the night. Progress. No doubt. It's my favorite of the new album and a classic live. Even better then on CD.

Burning Beard
The Incomparable Mr. Flannery
Child of the City
The Soapmakers
Mice and Gods
You Can't Stop Progress
Power Player
Ship of Gold
Elephant Riders
Open Up the Border
Profits of Doom
Electric Worry
One Eyed Dollar
Mr. Shiny Cadillackness
The Mob Goes Wild
Cypress Grove
White's Ferry
Gravel Road
--------------------
A Shogun Named Marcus
Who's Been Talkin'

I can't wait to see Clutch again. The new CD is amazing and again Clutch showed me why they are my favorite band:party:

DethMaiden 03-04-2007 12:17 PM

Your set list owns mine! :mad:

Glad you had a great time though :D

ADD 03-04-2007 02:57 PM

COME A LITTLE CLOSER HONEY I WON'T BITE YA!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

DethMaiden 03-04-2007 03:02 PM

You know, Lee, the irony here is that I got Sea of Destruction, your favorite Clutch song, and you got The Elephant Riders, my favorite Clutch song, but neither of us got the other.

Happy Bunny 03-04-2007 03:52 PM

i am headed out to see them in about 15-20 min.

this'll be my first Clutch show.

i've been diggin' some of their shows for a while now and i have the first CD, so i won't be any good coming up w/ a setlist...... even still, i can't wait!

sylpriest 03-04-2007 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;146944]You know, Lee, the irony here is that I got Sea of Destruction, your favorite Clutch song, and you got The Elephant Riders, my favorite Clutch song, but neither of us got the other.[/QUOTE]

haha that is very true but I have seen Elephant Riders live 3 times and Sea once so I have the upper hand:D

Also Soapmakers was great live as we both figured:party:

ADD 03-04-2007 04:28 PM

Dammit I really want to go to the show here but it is on a weeknight :mad:

DethMaiden 03-04-2007 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=sylpriest;146962]haha that is very true but I have seen Elephant Riders live 3 times and Sea once so I have the upper hand:D

Also Soapmakers was great live as we both figured:party:[/QUOTE]

:snivel: You got everything good.

Oh well, there's always May 15th! :party: