WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   In Flames' old stuff is actually really fucking good (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6213)

ADD 01-23-2007 03:05 PM

In Flames' old stuff is actually really fucking good

Yeah :party: I have no idea what inspired me to pop 'Colony' into my car this morning but fuck, it reminded me of the days when I was in 8th grade and I thought In Flames were the fucking shit :rocker: Listening to 'Whoracle' now..........dude, people can criticize them for the total shitbags they've become over the last several years, but the older records are borderline classic as far as melodic Death Metal goes, in my opinion.

Yay, nay?

DethMaiden 01-23-2007 03:51 PM

Any melodic death metal with an Amott brother > any melodic death metal without an Amott brother

Bouville 01-23-2007 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;141626]Any melodic death metal with an Amott brother > any melodic death metal without an Amott brother[/QUOTE]

Carcass > any melodic death metal with or without a pussified Amott brotter

DethMaiden 01-23-2007 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=Bouville;141630]Carcass > any melodic death metal with or without a pussified Amott brotter[/QUOTE]

Arch Enemy and Carcass are both very good bands, fool.

Bouville 01-23-2007 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;141632]Arch Enemy and Carcass are both very good bands, fool.[/QUOTE]

It is not even funny to compare Carcass with Arch Enemy

And just for the record, Arch Enemy was good before Angela, not at a Carcass level of course.

overkiller 01-23-2007 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=ADD;141620]Yeah :party: I have no idea what inspired me to pop 'Colony' into my car this morning but fuck, it reminded me of the days when I was in 8th grade and I thought In Flames were the fucking shit :rocker: Listening to 'Whoracle' now..........dude, people can criticize them for the total shitbags they've become over the last several years, but the older records are borderline classic as far as melodic Death Metal goes, in my opinion.

Yay, nay?[/QUOTE]

Nay.

ADD 01-23-2007 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=overkiller;141636]Nay.[/QUOTE]
Could be, have to let this current quick faze die down to fully reconsider. I was prompted to post this because I haven't listened to them in I think about a year and it felt surprisingly good :party:

DreamEvil001 01-23-2007 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=ADD;141620]Yeah :party: I have no idea what inspired me to pop 'Colony' into my car this morning but fuck, it reminded me of the days when I was in 8th grade and I thought In Flames were the fucking shit :rocker: Listening to 'Whoracle' now..........dude, people can criticize them for the total shitbags they've become over the last several years, but the older records are borderline classic as far as melodic Death Metal goes, in my opinion.

Yay, nay?[/QUOTE]

Yay:)

Clayman, Whoracle and the 4 songs off of Colony I have are very good. I haven't really listened to Come Clarity and I've gotten very mixed opinions about it so no big opinion on new stuff.

ADD 01-23-2007 04:58 PM

Spiritual Beggars > Carcass + Arch Enemy

???????

ADD 01-23-2007 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=DreamEvil001;141640]Yay:)

Clayman, Whoracle and the 4 songs off of Colony I have are very good. I haven't really listened to Come Clarity and I've gotten very mixed opinions about it so no big opinion on new stuff.[/QUOTE]

You should probably get 'The Jester Race' too at some point I think.