WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Alright, Alright (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6035)

ChildrenofSodom 12-12-2006 02:06 PM

Alright, Alright

It seems everyone on here likes Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis or any combinations of those, so I am taking a leap of faith and sampling all of them.

I am listen to DSOTM all the way through and The Wall to sample Pink Floyd, and I am going to listen to Presto (Rush.) Any suggestions for sampling the others?

NP:

On the Run
Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd

Fe Maiden 12-12-2006 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;136407]It seems everyone on here likes Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis or any combinations of those, so I am taking a leap of faith and sampling all of them.

I am listen to DSOTM all the way through and The Wall to sample Pink Floyd, and I am going to listen to Presto (Rush.) Any suggestions for sampling the others?

NP:

On the Run
Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd[/QUOTE]Poor choice for a RUSH sample as I would recommend Moving Pictures:drool:

ChildrenofSodom 12-12-2006 02:16 PM

I forgot, I have Moving Pictures hidden in my dresser some where, I bought it about two years ago, but forgot about. I like it. I had Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire, but I cant find them.

Fe Maiden 12-12-2006 02:18 PM

For Yes I would recommend Close To the Edge

DethMaiden 12-12-2006 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;136407]Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis [/QUOTE]

Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon
Yes- Drama or Close to the Edge
King Crimson- In the Court of the Crimson King
Rush- A Farewell to Kings, 2112, or Hemispheres
Genesis- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, A Trick of the Tail, or Selling England by the Pound

ChildrenofSodom 12-12-2006 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;136414]Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon
Yes- Drama or Close to the Edge
King Crimson- In the Court of the Crimson King
Rush- A Farewell to Kings, 2112, or Hemispheres
Genesis- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, A Trick of the Tail, or Selling England by the Pound[/QUOTE]

I have Dark Side, I just got through it.....VERY GOOD!!!! :party:

I will look into those others on Napster.

SomewhereInTime72 12-12-2006 03:50 PM

It's hard to say just one, so here's two each :D

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, A Saucerful Of Secrets
Yes - Close To The Edge, 90125
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King, Larks' Tongues In Aspic
Rush - Moving Pictures, 2112
Genesis - Duke, A Trick Of The Tail

Since you already have two of those, it would seem you're on your way to awesome. :party:

DethMaiden 12-12-2006 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=SomewhereInTime72;136426]
Genesis - Duke, A Trick Of The Tail
[/QUOTE]

Not big on Gabriel?

Maiden33 12-12-2006 05:15 PM

Personally, I've never been to big on any of the afforementioned bands. Say what you will about me, I'm just not a big 70s prog guy. I don't have anything against any of it, I've just never really got into it.

SomewhereInTime72 12-12-2006 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;136433]Not big on Gabriel?[/QUOTE]

It makes absolutely no sense, but I prefer both Collins-era genesis and Peter Gabriel's solo stuff to Gabriel-era genesis. It doesn't make sense to me but that's the stuff I like most. :eyes: