WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Candlelight Requiem (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6011)

EvilCheeseWedge 12-03-2006 09:42 PM

Candlelight Requiem

I know I’ve been bombarding the board with shit related to my band… and I’m not about to stop. Sorry ;) Anyways, today we recorded a new song (one of my mine, finally) – it’s called “Candlelight Requiem” and it’s the second half of “Messiah.” Lyrically speaking. It just sort of worked out that way…

[url]http://www.evilcheesewedge.com/candlelightrequiem.mp3[/url]

Anyways, this is the first demo. The mix and mastering still has some work. It sounds pretty… fugly in some of the heavy spots. But otherwise, I’m pretty happy with the song. Lots of dynamics and stuff. I did all guitars and piano and take full responsibility for their craptastical properties :D

[i]Another sleepless night; candles burn the hours away towards the breaking of new dawn
Shadows play up on my face; mocking all my deepest thoughts; I tire of this game
I’m still a prisoner wrapped in chains, the answers that I seek… just out of reach
The candle’s flitting flame reveals my twisted past. Will I ever make it out?

I need to break away… no turning back from what I’ve done
I cannot find a place to rest my head; alone, forever wandering

Ooooohhh

Voices of the dead; echoes in my dreams. A tortured being, I cannot breathe
The only way to put an end to this chapter of death… is with my own.

Ooooohhh
[Sinstrumental]

This is the first time in my life I can stand proud and upright; this fate is now my own.
With my salvation at the ready, I pray to unknown gods… thy will be done[/i]

ChildrenofSodom 12-04-2006 02:57 AM

The vocals sound like Blaze, at times.

I love the part where it picks up...its so fucking metal. Nice job.

EvilCheeseWedge 12-04-2006 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;135605]The vocals sound like Blaze, at times.

I love the part where it picks up...its so fucking metal. Nice job.[/QUOTE]

Really?!

Sweet. Thank you sir :horns:

MetalDrummer888 12-04-2006 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;135605]The vocals sound like Blaze, at times.
[/QUOTE]

agreed.

the heavy riffs are amazing . . . and the vocals work well with the guitars

the solo with the piano and strings is really cool :drool:

the only complaint i would have is that the drummer keeps the beats and fills rather simple . . . some double bass flems and more nicko-ish ride patterns would give the song the galloping metal feel it lacks

DethMaiden 12-04-2006 01:42 PM

Kinda Blaze-ian, I agree. The vox need polished IMO, but the composition is nice. :party:

MetalDrummer888 12-04-2006 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;135627]Kinda Blaze-ian, I agree. The vox need polished IMO, but the composition is nice. :party:[/QUOTE]

the actual vocals i think are probably fine . . . i think its just the mix that is rough

ADD 12-04-2006 02:24 PM

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

This could be potentially awesome with a pro-quality recording, plus of course better takes and more rehearsal :cool: The song is there though, which is most important :metal:

EvilCheeseWedge 12-04-2006 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=MetalDrummer888;135626]agreed.

the heavy riffs are amazing . . . and the vocals work well with the guitars

the solo with the piano and strings is really cool :drool:

the only complaint i would have is that the drummer keeps the beats and fills rather simple . . . some double bass flems and more nicko-ish ride patterns would give the song the galloping metal feel it lacks[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I really dig the heavy riffs.

You like that? I literally wrote and recorded all that at 4 AM yesterday. That's why the transitions are a bit rough.

Excellent, I'm going to pass that bit about the drums along. The drums on our songs have been a sour point for me.

EvilCheeseWedge 12-04-2006 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;135627]Kinda Blaze-ian, I agree. The vox need polished IMO, but the composition is nice. :party:[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. Our singer has only been singin' for two months, so I think we've made good progress with him, but we have a ways to go. He's a hard worker though, so I'm pretty confident in his abilities.

EvilCheeseWedge 12-04-2006 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=ADD;135634]:blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

This could be potentially awesome with a pro-quality recording, plus of course better takes and more rehearsal :cool: The song is there though, which is most important :metal:[/QUOTE]

Yes, it needs all that :lol: A lot of the parts were just added in, so the transitions suck. This would be a fun one to get in the studio and record though, which might happen in the spring.