WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My Next Rush Purchase (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5988)

ChildrenofSodom 11-23-2006 07:11 AM

My Next Rush Purchase

I have a few Rush tapes hidden away somewhere, and at one time I had the Moving Pictures CD somewhere, but I cant find it....

What should my next Rush purchase be? I liked most of the songs on Moving Pictures and I liked most of Presto.....But, I have listened to Farewell to Kings, and the vocals on that track make my eyes twitch. :eyes:

What would you guys suggest for my next Rush album?

ADD 11-23-2006 09:48 AM

2112 or Grace Under Pressure. Almost impossible to decide which.

Fe Maiden 11-23-2006 11:31 AM

Permanent Waves
Hemispheres (worth it for La Villa Strangiato alone)
Signals

These are all must haves!!!

Can't believe you did not like Farewell To Kings:hecho: It is a great album!!!

ChildrenofSodom 11-23-2006 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden;134694]2112
Permanent Waves
Hemispheres (worth it for La Villa Strangiato alone)
Signals

These are all must haves!!!

Can't believe you did not like Farewell To Kings:hecho: It is a great album!!![/QUOTE]

i havent heard the whole album...just the vocals on the title track.

JRA 11-23-2006 03:12 PM

Ger Hemispheres, You will be impressed. Much moret than you were with primus.

Robert 11-23-2006 05:32 PM

RUSH RULES

Well, Sons of Sodom,
As a hard core RUSH fan, I believe the best way to learn about RUSH and what periods of their lenghty career best speak to you, (for me that would be their entire career), is to experience their live performance. I hearby urge you to get their recent, R30 DVD, or Live in Rio DVD. I would personally recommend R30, but frankly both are worthy. R30 opens with a medly of early material that is smokin awesome. They play much better now than when they recorded that material many years ago. So just watch, get to know their songs and then get the album that the song you liked came from. Most hardcore metal people tend to like the older more classic material (70's and early 80's) the early-mid 90's was a little more prog-pop commercial, but their is still some good material. If you can't afford the whole back catalogue, get Rush-Chronicles, and thats pretty much all you need. For the last 10-15 years I like "test for echo" the best of thier studio albums.

Some of my personal favorite rush songs are Xanadu, Natural Science, Subdivisions, and too many others to list.:rocker:

JRA 11-23-2006 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=Robert;134715]Well, Sons of Sodom,
As a hard core RUSH fan, I believe the best way to learn about RUSH and what periods of their lenghty career best speak to you, (for me that would be their entire career), is to experience their live performance. I hearby urge you to get their recent, R30 DVD, or Live in Rio DVD. I would personally recommend R30, but frankly both are worthy. R30 opens with a medly of early material that is smokin awesome. They play much better now than when they recorded that material many years ago. So just watch, get to know their songs and then get the album that the song you liked came from. Most hardcore metal people tend to like the older more classic material (70's and early 80's) the early-mid 90's was a little more prog-pop commercial, but their is still some good material. If you can't afford the whole back catalogue, get Rush-Chronicles, and thats pretty much all you need. For the last 10-15 years I like "test for echo" the best of thier studio albums.

Some of my personal favorite rush songs are Xanadu, Natural Science, Subdivisions, and too many others to list.:rocker:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is the most well thought out statement about Rush I have ever heard.

Maiden33 11-24-2006 09:04 PM

Personally, my favorite Rush album has almost always been Permenant Waves. Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Different Strings, etc... a lot of my favorite Rush songs are on that album.

DethMaiden 11-25-2006 06:30 PM

2112/A Farewell to Kings/Hemispheres. The fucking Holy Trinity.

And Grace Under Pressure came a little late but still deserves to be a part of the group.