WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Dayton, OH -- November 12th, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5934)

DethMaiden 11-13-2006 05:26 PM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Dayton, OH -- November 12th, 2006

I'll try to keep this one brief, it wasn't a terribly eventful evening. We got to the venue about an hour before the show began, and I bought no merch because I didn't have enough money to get anything worthwhile. We sat down and waited for the show to commence and saw several other metal folks. It went off without a hitch, and everything was very well done from a visual standpoint, and all the instrumental parts were done well as well. However, they need to get Zak Stevens or Jon Oliva or just the guys from the studio records to do their vocals, because the guys they used tried to put far too much fluorish into what are essentially minimalist vocal performances (see Old City Bar---butchered by flair). Overall I'd give this show no less than a 6.5/10. Maybe because it was so far before Christmas it had so little effect on me.

1. Siberian Sleigh Ride
2. An Angel Came Down
3. O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night
4. Prince of Peace
5. First Snow
6. A Mad Russian's Christmas
7. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)
8. Good King Joy
9. Ornament
10. Old City Bar
11. Promises to Keep
12. This Christmas Day
13. An Angel Returned
-----------
14. Christmas Nights in Blue
15. Layla (DEREK AND THE DOMINOES cover)
16. Christmas Jam
17. An Angel's Share
18. Drum Solo
19. Carol of the Bells
20. Wizards in Winter
21. The Christmas Attic
22. Queen of the Winter Night
23. Carmina Burana
24. The Wisdom of Snow
25. Requiem (The 5th)
26. Peanuts Christmas Special Theme Song
27. Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)
28. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) Reprise

Yeah, damn long set, eh? Fun fact: I patted Chris Caffery on the back, threw him the horns, and screamed great show when he stopped right next to me during the reprise of Sarajevo 12/24. That was pretty fucking awesome.

ChildrenofSodom 11-13-2006 05:33 PM

It was a good show. I would give it an 8, though. The dude that sand Old City Bar wasnt very good, and his mic was way TOO loud.

SomewhereInTime72 11-13-2006 05:49 PM

Thats a LOOOOONG set. :blaze:

ADD 11-13-2006 06:17 PM

Looks like we get our money's worth then:cool:

ADD 12-04-2006 05:57 PM

I saw the show last night, and I was BLOWN AWAY. Hopefully I'll get a review up tomorrow. Destroyed my expectations ten-fold.

JRA 12-04-2006 07:12 PM

Who is in the band? Well, I guess a better question is who is on Vox/guitsrs/bass/drums

ChildrenofSodom 12-05-2006 02:23 AM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;135677]Who is in the band? Well, I guess a better question is who is on Vox/guitsrs/bass/drums[/QUOTE]

Well....they have two main touring groups, one for each side of the country, but the main members are:

Jon Oliva-(Savatage)writer, composer, Vocals
John Middleton-(Savatage) bass
Al Pitrelli-(Megadeth/Savatage) guitar
Chris Caffery-(Savatage, Doctor Butcher) guitar
Jeff Plate-(Savatage, Metal Church)-drums

Plus..
Robert Kinkel, Alex Skolnick, Mark Wood, Paul O'Neil, and an assortment of strings musicians, back up singers, choirs, and narrators.

JRA 12-05-2006 06:04 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;135693]Well....they have two main touring groups, one for each side of the country, but the main members are:

Jon Oliva-(Savatage)writer, composer, Vocals
John Middleton-(Savatage) bass
Al Pitrelli-(Megadeth/Savatage) guitar
Chris Caffery-(Savatage, Doctor Butcher) guitar
Jeff Plate-(Savatage, Metal Church)-drums

Plus..
Robert Kinkel, Alex Skolnick, Mark Wood, Paul O'Neil, and an assortment of strings musicians, back up singers, choirs, and narrators.[/QUOTE]

So, its basically Savatage with a bunch of extras. They should bust out Hall Of The Mountain King!

Wrathchild_84 12-05-2006 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=neilpeartjr.;135697]So, its basically Savatage with a bunch of extras. They should bust out Hall Of The Mountain King![/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Hall Of The Mountain King done by TSO. I'm really looking forward to seeing them the 16th. Though I'm mainly going for Alex Skolnick.