WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Once and for all! (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5809)

powerslave_85 11-05-2006 02:28 PM

Once and for all!

The Family Guy vs. The Simpsons debate has been raging for a while, so vote for your favorite. I threw in some other choices too, just in case those aren't your cup of tea. If you have another favorite, say so.

My two cents: The Simpsons, despite their decline, will always reign supreme. Seasons 3-8 are completely untouchable, even against the best Family Guy has to offer. Family Guy jumped the shark after it came back, and is just a parody of itself (South Park's "Cartoon Wars" was so dead on that I can hardly enjoy Family Guy anymore). I think my basic ranking of "adult animated shows" would look something like this:

1. The Simpsons
2. Futurama
3. Tie: Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Venture Bros.
4. South Park
5. Family Guy
6. Sealab 2021
7. American Dad

So, let the bloodshed begin! :party:

KerryKingsBeard 11-05-2006 02:32 PM

Simpsons.

If Family Guy lasts 18 years, then we'll talk

JRA 11-05-2006 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=KerryKingsBeard]Simpsons.

If Family Guy lasts 18 years, then we'll talk[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer Family Guy, but truer words have never been spoken.

As for Family Guy vs. South Park, Matt Stone & Trey Parker haven't had a single funny idea in their heads since the South Park movie. Nuff said.

powerslave_85 11-05-2006 02:51 PM

I think South Park continues to get funnier and more clever as time goes on. And the fact that they STILL find ways to piss people off after so long is pretty impressive.

Div 11-05-2006 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85]I think South Park continues to get funnier and more clever as time goes on. And the fact that they STILL find ways to piss people off after so long is pretty impressive.[/QUOTE]

Agreed :fist:

I'm going to say ATHF is the best, there hasn't been a single episode that hasn't made me almost fall out of my chair.

KillYourFace 11-05-2006 04:14 PM

south park by far

DethMaiden 11-05-2006 04:20 PM

Family Guy. I realize Simpsons is more classic and there's the argument that it has lasted so long, but that's like saying The Beatles are the best blokes to plug in guitars. Revolutionary isn't always spectacular.

EvilCheeseWedge 11-05-2006 04:55 PM

Simpsons. I might've said Family Guy, but I think since the post-cancellation stuff hasn't quite been up to par. Some very good stuff, to be sure... but. Eh.

South Park is pretty good too. The WoW episode :horns:

ChildrenofSodom 11-05-2006 05:58 PM

I voted for South Park...like brad said..Simpsons have been around longer, but they arent the best...and like ECW said, Family isnt as funny as it could be.

SomewhereInTime72 11-05-2006 06:21 PM

Family guy is funnier.