WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Video Project Help (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5783)

ChildrenofSodom 11-01-2006 08:04 PM

Video Project Help

I think I may have started a thread about this before...but I am not positive.

For Broadcast Journalism exams, we have to make a music video of any song of our choosing. I would like to hear your opinions on some of my ideas for certain songs...so...here goes. The songs cant be all out growling, because they will be broadcast across the school and I will have no chance of winning by using pure death metal...so...

Medicated Nation by Nevemore=some video of a blindfolded person just choking down pills, a snake eating a mouse, other discreet drug shots such as needles, but the video will probably be focused on anti-depressants and their effects on the mind.

Metal is Forever by Primal Fear= a really pretentious video that glorifies metal. Plenty of shots of Living Martyr playing, wacky corpsepaint and many outrageous poses. Ya know what I mean ;)

Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth= some pseudodoom crying video, with a guy hiding in a corner crying for some reason, and plenty of graveyard shots.

Stone the Crows by Down- just a standard video of a guitarist playing around and some shots of birds. Very simple and Southern, like the original video.

When the Walls go Down by Evergrey= not totally sure why, but I am really drawn towards this song, but I very little ideas for a video..any ideas?

Or any ideas for videos for any songs by Iron Maiden or DIO?

I am open to suggestions, but I have to have the lyrics submitted for approval by Monday. I was already approved to use Enlightened by the Cold, Medicated Nation, and My Sweet Shadow.

Div 11-01-2006 08:40 PM

I think Devil On A Hog is an excellent all around metal song that non-metal people can easily relate too. If you throw in something too extreme then people who aren't into metal just won't understand it. Plus it's Bruce Dickinson, you can't get anymore tr00 than that! For the video you can just throw in some motorcycle shots, and clips of Bruce.

And not to be a dick or anything, but none of the things you described sound the least bit interesting.

JRA 11-01-2006 08:41 PM

You should do a Video for Blood Red Skies (Priest) using olympic footage

ChildrenofSodom 11-01-2006 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=Div]I think Devil On A Hog is an excellent all around metal song that non-metal people can easily relate too. If you throw in something too extreme then people who aren't into metal just won't understand it. Plus it's Bruce Dickinson, you can't get anymore tr00 than that! For the video you can just throw in some motorcycle shots, and clips of Bruce.

And not to be a dick or anything, but none of the things you described sound the least bit interesting.[/QUOTE]

okay :eyes: It isnt supposed to be "interesting" per se, but just a simple video.

And I have to film it myself. I dont want to use footage that is copyrighted...so...

fuck you

KillYourFace 11-01-2006 10:25 PM

Metal songs usually arn't the best for music videos. You gotta put in a lot of hard work if you want to make it good if it's a metal song. This is probably why most metal videos suck.

DethMaiden 11-02-2006 03:32 AM

Okay, the only good one out of those is Medicated Nation.

ChildrenofSodom 11-02-2006 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Okay, the only good one out of those is Medicated Nation.[/QUOTE]

I know...that is the one that I will most likely do.

ADD 11-02-2006 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Okay, the only good one out of those is Medicated Nation.[/QUOTE]

Stone The Crow you n00b:hecho:

DethMaiden 11-02-2006 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=ADD]Stone The Crow you n00b:hecho:[/QUOTE]

Good video idea, not good song :tp:

ADD 11-02-2006 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Good video idea, not good song :tp:[/QUOTE]
Bad video idea, great song:nutkick: