WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Venue (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5720)

sneakbobcat 10-20-2006 04:21 AM

Venue

After reading the thread about the venue that Pavo liked that closed down, I decided to make a thread about your favourite venue. Also this is my first thread in this section i think.

I'll start.
My favourite that i've been to is Barrowlands in Glasgow. It holds 1900 people and has a spring loaded floor. It's a great size and a lot of great bands have played there. Recently there have been a lot of shit bands playing there too:(
My Chemical Romance, The Zutons etc.
Bands i have seen there include Disturbed, Nevermore, In Flames, Sepultura.
It's a great venue for it's size, shape and ofcourse the crowd are right on the stage. It's so close to the stage for it's size. And ofcourse the stage is a reasonable size too!:rocker:

DethMaiden 10-20-2006 05:32 AM

Probably Newport Music Hall in Columbus or Bogart's in Cincinnati. Similar venues, just small places with decent acoustics that book a lot of metal.

EvilCheeseWedge 10-20-2006 08:49 AM

House of Blues... any of 'em. Yes, they are expensive, but I find that it's well worth the cost. It's a a great venue, and usually the staff is very nice. Plus we ALWAYS manage to be the first in line thanks to their pass-the-line program. We just get there and eat lunch usually :lol: - plus they're about the only place you're going to get [i]that[/i] close to the size of acts that usually play there (like Queensryche.)

Although the sound sucks down front, but who cares!? ;)

SirLardsAlot 10-20-2006 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=sneakbobcat]has a spring loaded floor[/QUOTE]
So the floor is bouncey?

sneakbobcat 10-20-2006 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=SirLardsAlot]So the floor is bouncey?[/QUOTE]

well as bouncy as you're going to get, better for jumping than anywhere else anyway, and it doesn't hurt as much when you fall either which is always great!

SirLardsAlot 10-20-2006 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=sneakbobcat]well as bouncy as you're going to get, better for jumping than anywhere else anyway, and it doesn't hurt as much when you fall either which is always great![/QUOTE]
Thats awesome!

powerslave_85 10-20-2006 10:24 AM

They should make a venue out of one of those inflatable bouncy funhouses. The mosh pit would be so much fun!

SirLardsAlot 10-20-2006 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85]They should make a venue out of one of those inflatable bouncy funhouses. The mosh pit would be so much fun![/QUOTE]
"Ah come on! Someone's bullet belt popped the venue!"

DethMaiden 10-20-2006 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=SirLardsAlot]"Ah come on! Someone's bullet belt popped the venue!"[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol:

SomewhereInTime72 10-20-2006 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85]They should make a venue out of one of those inflatable bouncy funhouses. The mosh pit would be so much fun![/QUOTE]
In complete seriousness, this would be amazing.