WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vital Remains -- New York City, NY -- October 1st, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5640)

overkiller 10-01-2006 10:31 PM

Vital Remains -- New York City, NY -- October 1st, 2006

Headlined by Dismember, but I'm not familiar enough with them to even attempt to post their set.

Fucking shit. I don't feel like typing out a long report but Vital Remains was goddamn awesome. The vocalist they're touring with does spot-on Benton vocals, so there wasn't really anything lacking there--and he was a fucking madman! Many times throughout their set he jumped into the crowd, continued doing vocals there, started furious pits, and was letting fans do vocals again and again. The guy was very cool. As for the other members, they are absolute beasts on their instruments as one would imagine, though the mix wasn't very good so it was hard to hear them at times and the snare drum wasn't loud enough (very very bad for a band with so many blastbeats). Other thing is that they didn't play any old stuff, but as I'm only really familiar with Dechristianize it didn't bother me. Here's the set, easy enough as they just played the first six tracks from the album:

1. Let the Killing Begin (Intro)
2. Dechristianize
3. Infidel
4. Devoured Elysium
5. Savior to None... Failure For All...
6. Unleashed Hell

Oh, and Dave Suzuki shaved his head :(

DethMaiden 10-02-2006 02:38 AM

How were Dismember though? I'd imagine they're pretty sweet live.

ChildrenofSodom 10-02-2006 02:51 AM

Yeah man....do you remember ANY songs that Dismember did?

overkiller 10-02-2006 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom]Yeah man....do you remember ANY songs that Dismember did?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Let's see...

The God That Never Was
Time Heals Nothing
Autopsy
Dreaming in Red
Skin Her Alive
I Wish You Hell
Casket Garden
Silent Are the Watchers

...and that's all I can remember. They were fucking awesome. Really really great performers, they were all aces musically and their stage antics were just really fun to watch.

Grave was great as well, I'm only familiar with Into the Grave and Soulless, but they played the only songs I could've asked for, so I was really happy with them.

So yeah, it was a really good show.

ChildrenofSodom 10-02-2006 11:14 AM

sounds like an awesome.....I still need to buy God that Never Was though.....

can you compare it to any of their other albums?

DethMaiden 10-02-2006 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=overkiller]
Silent Are the Watchers
[/QUOTE]

YES! :rocker:

Death Metal is a great album :blaze:

Div 10-02-2006 11:37 AM

Wow, that sounds like an awesome show. You don't see bands joining the crowds too often.

overkiller 10-02-2006 11:47 AM

They also played Where Ironcrosses Grow.

Bloodcurse 10-02-2006 04:42 PM

Vital rules....I knew Dave shaved his head weeks ago, Im friends with Tony Lazaro (mainman of Vital).

overkiller 10-02-2006 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=Bloodcurse]Vital rules....I knew Dave shaved his head weeks ago, Im friends with Tony Lazaro (mainman of Vital).[/QUOTE]

I get the impression that it's more Dave's band.