WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ozzfest -- Mountain View, CA -- July 1st, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5166)

hot_turkey_ed 07-02-2006 10:08 AM

Ozzfest -- Mountain View, CA -- July 1st, 2006

Usually, set lists at Ozzfest don't change all that much. I'm bringing together individual lists for a stickied report. Hopefully, we can complete this shortly but good information is hard information is difficult to find this year, more so than normal. Check back in a day or so. We'll get 'em all eventually.

ALL THAT REMAINS (Moutain View, CA)
----------------------
Focus Shall Not Fail
The Weak Willed
Tattered on My Sleeve
This Darkened Heart

BLEEDING THROUGH (Moutain View, CA)
-----------------------
For Love And Failing
Love Lost In A Hail Of Gunfire
Tragedy Of Empty Streets
Kill To Believe
Revenge I Seek (with Machine Head's Robin Flynn)
On Wings Of Lead

ATREYU
---------
The Crimson
Ex's And Oh's
Her Portrait In Black
Lip Gloss And Black
Bleeding Mascara
Creature
Private
Deanne The Arsonist.
* MAY BE OUT OF ORDER

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY (SEATTLE, WA)
-------------------------
The Beginning... At Last
Suffering Overdue
Fire It Up
Bleed For Me
Suicide Messiah
Been A Long Time
Say What You Will
Stillborn
* MAY BE OUT OF ORDER

OZZY OSBOURNE (Moutain View, CA)
--------------------
I Don't Know
Mr. Crowley
Flying High Again
Suicide Solution
Into the Void
I Don't Want to Change the World
Road to Nowhere
Crazy Train
Momma I'm Coming Home
Paranoid

DRAGONFORCE (SEATTLE, WA)
-----------------
Operation Ground and Pound
My Spirit Will Go On
Valley Of The Damned
Through Fire And Flames
?Revolution Deathsquad?

LACUNA COIL (Moutain View, CA)
---------------
Fragile
To The Edge
Fragements Of Faith
Heaven's A Lie
What I See
Enjoy The Silence
Our Truth

AVENGED SEVENFOLD (Mountain View, CA)
------------------------
Beast and the Harlot
Unholy Confessions
Burn It Down
To End the Rapture
Walk (Pantera Cover)
Syn's Solo
Bat Country

DethMaiden 07-02-2006 11:15 AM

All four of the bands I actually care about there we now have info on :party:

hot_turkey_ed 07-02-2006 01:08 PM

Added Atreyu

hot_turkey_ed 07-02-2006 06:44 PM

Add Avenged Sevenfold

sylpriest 07-05-2006 09:13 PM

thanks to ozzfest.com

When are the bands scheduled to play at my show? Good question. They are late with posting the show set times once again. It depends if you get Ozzy, what stage he plays, etc. Here is the basic set time info for each show, use your head and figure it out for your date until Ozzfest.com does their job and posts the set times:

SECOND STAGE:
Rotating Bands-20 Min
Unearth/Bleeding Through/Norma Jean-30 Min
BLS/Atreyu-40 Min

MAIN STAGE:
Dragonforce-25 Min
Lacuna Coil-35 Min
Hatebreed-45 Min
Avenged Sevenfold-40 Min
Disturbed-60 Min
Ozzy/SOAD-75 Min

Arrive at the shows early so you can get a wrist band. Those who get to the shows early get a wrist band which allows closer access to the second stage. Only 3000 wristbands will be handed out per show. The second stage has a barracade this year seperating those who have the wrist bands and those who do not have wristbands. So if you wanna get close to Ozzy, BLS, Atreyu, etc... get their early and get your wristband.

Most venues allow you to bring a One Gallon container of Food and One Liter of Water into the venue as long as the containers are clear and you can see thru them.

Most venues allow disposable cameras. Some do not. To be safe, crotch it and sneak it in.

The following bands are signing at the FYE tent this year: Disturbed, Hatebreed (2:15pm), Dragon Force (1:00pm), Lacuna Coil, Between The Buried And Me, A Life Once Lost, Strapping Young Lad, Unearth, Full Blown Chaos, Walls Of Jericho, Atreyu, Bleeding Through, Norma Jean, The Red Chord. In order to meet those bands at the FYE tent first you need to purchase one of their albums at the FYE tent for 20$. When you purchase a bands album (for example if you buy a Lacuna Coil album you get to meet Lacuna Coil.) then you get a wrist band that allows you to meet the band you purchased a CD for. Ozzy, System Of A Down, and BLS do not sign at FYE or Jagermeister. I am unsure if Avenged Sevenfold signs.

Most of the bands who sign at FYE will sign at the Jagermeister booth afterwards. You will get a free poster and the band signs it for you. Unlike FYE this is free, but not all of the bands participate.

Each 2nd Stage band is allowed to sell 2 merchandise items. They are sold at the second stage area. Mainstage merch is sold through the venues usually at the entrances and sides of the seated areas in the amphitheaters. Price of shirts for mainstage bands is 35$ and second stage bands is 25$.

Each year they give away a FREE Ozzfest sampler. Here are the songs on the sampler for Ozzfest 2006:

1. Ozzy- Miracle Man
2. Unearth- Giles
3. SYL- You Suck
4. Dragonforce- Through The Fire & Flames
5. The Red Chord- Black Santa
6. All That Remains- The Calling
7. Walls Of Jericho- Trigger Full of Promises
8. Full Blown Chaos- Solemn Promises
9. A Life Once Lost- Vulture
10. BTBAM- All Bodies
11. Cellador- Seen Through Time

Bloodcurse 07-08-2006 09:33 PM

Wow sylpriest, thanks for all the info!!

Maiden33 07-09-2006 12:02 PM

Well, I was right... Cellador will soon be far too popular... I thought when I first heard them a while back: "wow, sweet, a rather good new power metal band I haven't heard before"... only took a few months before this was bound to happen... it's just because elements of their music resemble Dragonforce... and it's just like the American mainstream to automatically make every clone of a band popular just cause the original is... not like Dragonforce had any musical integrety to begin within... Oh well.

ChildrenofSodom 07-09-2006 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33]Well, I was right... Cellador will soon be far too popular... I thought when I first heard them a while back: "wow, sweet, a rather good new power metal band I haven't heard before"... only took a few months before this was bound to happen... it's just because elements of their music resemble Dragonforce... and it's just like the American mainstream to automatically make every clone of a band popular just cause the original is... not like Dragonforce had any musical integrety to begin within... Oh well.[/QUOTE]

i just bought their debut...it is pretty good....and I have to disagree....they dont jack off as much as Dragonforce

Maiden33 07-09-2006 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom]i just bought their debut...it is pretty good....and I have to disagree....they dont jack off as much as Dragonforce[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they sounded exactly like Dragonforce, they don't, they're better... and they certainly don't wank as much, but the music contains similarities, this is undeniable

ADD 07-10-2006 08:31 AM

Yay, now maybe the mainstream will effectively kill 2 birds with one stone:party: