WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Godsmack -- Toronto, Canada -- June 13th, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5098)

XxRyaNxX 06-14-2006 04:43 PM

Godsmack -- Toronto, Canada -- June 13th, 2006

Not in exact order, but not too far from it

Whatever
Greed
Livin in Sin
Faceless
Voodoo
Shine Down
Awake
The Enemy
Re-Align
Batalla De Los Tambores (BEST FUCKING DRUM SOLO EVER!)
Straight Out of Line
Keep Away
-----------------
Blues Guitar Solo / Serenity
Speak
I Stand Alone

I know I'm probably one of the few people on here who like Godsmack but for anybody else who likes them, what do you think of that setlist?

The concert was fucking killer:rocker:

sylpriest 06-14-2006 04:48 PM

I like "Whatever" as the opener then right into "Greed". Would of been better right into "Awake". I want "Bad Religon" "Bad Magick" or "Time Bomb" Still a sweet set:rocker:

ADD 06-14-2006 04:49 PM

A tolerable band, I saw them open for Metallica in '04 and they were good:) They put on a solid show, the pyros and stuff ya know?:horns: Good drumming too. Like the name suggests, they really are a big AIC ripoff band with tinges of modern metal, but still a pretty Ok band.

:2cents:

sylpriest 06-14-2006 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=ADD]A tolerable band, I saw them open for Metallica in '04 and they were good:) They put on a solid show, the pyros and stuff ya know?:horns: Good drumming too. Like the name suggests, they really are a big AIC ripoff band with tinges of modern metal, but still a pretty Ok band.

:2cents:[/QUOTE]

They didn't get there name from AIC. Sully was making fun of the drummer for having a cold sore and the next day Sully had one. The drummer then said "You've been Godsmacked" NOTHING TO DO WITH ALICE IN CHAINS!

JRA 06-14-2006 04:54 PM

I used to dig these guys, then I realized that their entire catalog rips off Megadeth's "Lucreita."

DethMaiden 06-14-2006 05:49 PM

I can't believe they are on tour with Rob Zombie :hecho:

ADD 06-14-2006 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=sylpriest]They didn't get there name from AIC. Sully was making fun of the drummer for having a cold sore and the next day Sully had one. The drummer then said "You've been Godsmacked" NOTHING TO DO WITH ALICE IN CHAINS![/QUOTE]

Well they sound enough like them to make it seem plausible anyways.

DethMaiden 06-14-2006 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=ADD]Well they sound enough like them to make it seem plausible anyways.[/QUOTE]

Except that Alice in Chains are one of the greatest bands ever and Godsmack are a part of the dime a dozen "nu grunge" knockoff movement.

sylpriest 06-14-2006 07:40 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Except that Alice in Chains are one of the greatest bands ever and Godsmack are a part of the dime a dozen "nu grunge" knockoff movement.[/QUOTE]

I saw that coming :D

ADD 06-14-2006 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Except that Alice in Chains are one of the greatest bands ever and Godsmack are a part of the dime a dozen "nu grunge" knockoff movement.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm.......what other bands would you include in this "dime a dozen nu grunge" movement of yours? Or is the gonna end up the same as GWAR = thrash?:eyes: ;)