WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   God Forbid -- Orlando, FL -- May 14th, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=4977)

sylpriest 05-16-2006 04:55 PM

God Forbid -- Orlando, FL -- May 14th, 2006

*WARNING* THIS POST IS NOT FOR REPUBLICANS. IF YOU ARE A BUSH SUPPORTER YOU ARE ADVISED TO STAY AWAY. I DON'T WANNA START A POLITICAL DEBATE. THANKS

Anyways, on with the review. About 600 people showed up. Mainly for Ill Nino:hecho: but alot for the band I wanted to see, God Forbid. Picked myself up a God Forbid shirt and a Blues Brothers shirt at the House of Blues store. The show was supposed to start at 7 but the first band, Bleed the Sky, came out at 6:30. Pretty basic fast metalcore. Good crowd reaction. After them came Eyes of Fire.:party: :party: HOLY CRAP. How come this band isn't huge. I don't know how to descripe them are how to give my opinion of them. I was blown away. Imagine Opeth + Originality + Lyrics based on sheer emotion. I need to buy their cd ASAP. Check this band out. They have a video on Headbanger's Ball.

Some of the set
Fly Away
Hopeless
Falling Apart
It Dies Today
Dead to the World

there was two more but those are all I can remember.

Silent Civilan was next which was with the original singer of Spineshank if I remember correctly. They sounded like a Trivium ripoff. The first song sounded exactly like Rain. They were ok.

FINALLY. God For' Fuckin Bid. The best Metalcore band out there today. Doc is an amazing guitarist and I love how Byron sings. They hit the stage and the intro to "End of the World" plays. As soon as the band kicks in the place erupts and I just scream "WORLD WIDE GENOCIDE!" Dallas had a shirt on that said Black to the Future which I thought was great. They played an amazing set of just pure metal and aggression towards the government. During song breaks, John the bassist would talk to me and say "How was that?" and laugh. To The Fallen Hero is such a great song. It is the ultimate kick in the balls to reublicans. They seem to sterotype all Democrats as hating our troops and shit like that. When in fact it's the Republican sterotype machine just trying to make trouble within the U.S. That's when near the end of the set I yelled "FUCK GEORGE BUSH!" and Byron looked and yelled "HE WANTS YOU TO CRUCIFY YOUR BELIEFS!" as they played the best song off Constitution of Treason, Crucify Your Beliefs. The outro part where it just goes so fast and heavy was amazing to watch the crowd. Not one person wasn't headbanging. The pit just stopped and headbanged. Lyrically that song and the whole cd brings back memories of Rage Against the Machine.

"Crucify your beliefs and make contribution
Crucify your beliefs for the sake of redemption
Crucify your beliefs for the great contradiction
Crucify your beliefs and save your own skin"

"Judgment day has come at last"

I can't wait to see this band again. Amazing live and great stage performance.

SET
The End of the World
Chains of Humanity
Precious Lie
Lonely Dead
Antihero
Under This Flag
To The Fallen Hero
Force Fed
Crucify Your Beliefs

Ill Nino was headlining but I really don't like that band so I left. Great show and worth the $15:party:

Yoda 05-16-2006 05:00 PM

:light:

MetalDrummer888 05-16-2006 05:17 PM

god forbif was really impressive when i saw them supporting bodom . . . almost stole the show, which is saying a lot since bodom is my second favorite band

ive been meaning to order their new cd :party:

ChildrenofSodom 05-16-2006 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=sylpriest]
They seem to sterotype all Democrats as hating our troops and shit like that.

[/QUOTE]

not Dems, just liberals

DethMaiden 05-16-2006 05:41 PM

Sounds like an awesome show, despite the liberalism...

;) Just kidding.

Yoda 05-16-2006 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom]not Dems, just liberals[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good point. There are clearly liberal republicans who hate our troops as much as any liberal democrat. :party:

Of course, they tend not to hate all troops. Especially when they're from an army that supports women in combat.........

powerslave_85 05-16-2006 06:13 PM

There's such a thing as liberal Democrats? They had me fooled.

Yoda 05-16-2006 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85]They had me fooled.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of foolishness.

ChildrenofSodom 05-16-2006 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]Speaking of foolishness.[/QUOTE]

where do you get this gold?

MetalDrummer888 05-16-2006 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]
Of course, they tend not to hate all troops. Especially when they're from an army that supports women in combat.........[/QUOTE]

:eyes: