WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Joe Satriani -- Anaheim, CA -- May 3rd, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=4895)

Fe Maiden 05-04-2006 10:45 AM

Joe Satriani -- Anaheim, CA -- May 3rd, 2006

What a treat this show was. These guys were on fire tonight. I don't know how they do that show after show but they play it like it's their only gig. I am not sure of the set list for either band:hecho: (sorry). This is a difficult thing to do for instrumentals.

Eric Johnson opened up and played for about an hour. I was impressed, he seemed to have a great time up there. After a short break, Joe came out and did over two hours of just shredding. The band really plays well together, with Dave Larue on bass now. The lighting was pretty good, and they made a dvd out of that show.

hot_turkey_ed 05-04-2006 11:53 AM

Do you remember some of the songs, even partial set list? Does Joe improv for an hour? I'm curious about Joe... almost bought an album of his not too long ago..

Fe Maiden 05-04-2006 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]Do you remember some of the songs, even partial set list? Does Joe improv for an hour? I'm curious about Joe... almost bought an album of his not too long ago..[/QUOTE]The albums Surfing With the Alien & Crystal Planet are great places to start. I'm not sure on order but I am pretty sure these songs were played: (partial list).

Flying In a Blue Dream
War
Circles
Super Colossal
Just Like Lightning
Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing
Satch Boogie
Ice #9
Ten Words
One Robot's Dream
The Enigmatic (Extended Jam)
Movin' On
A Love Eternal
Always With Me, Always With You (Extended Jam)
Surfing With The Alien
Crowd Chant
Summer Song

DethMaiden 05-05-2006 01:15 PM

I have Surfing With the Alien.

I'm the biggest progger here and I think Joe is pure wankery.

EDIT: I realize that he is shred, not prog. But he should focus a little more on structure and a little less on blazing leads.

Fe Maiden 05-05-2006 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]I have Surfing With the Alien.

I'm the biggest progger here and I think Joe is pure wankery.

EDIT: I realize that he is shred, not prog. But he should focus a little more on structure and a little less on blazing leads.[/QUOTE]You should try some other albums then;)

DethMaiden 05-05-2006 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden]You should try some other albums then;)[/QUOTE]

If you strongly dislike the first album you buy of a given artist, your least likely reaction is: "Gee wiz, I need to try more so I can like them!"

Fe Maiden 05-05-2006 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]If you strongly dislike the first album you buy of a given artist, your least likely reaction is: "Gee wiz, I need to try more so I can like them!"[/QUOTE]Fair enough. I didn't realize you disliked it.

DethMaiden 05-05-2006 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Fe Maiden]Fair enough. I didn't realize you disliked it.[/QUOTE]

And so it ends.

See Addi? :tongue:

ADD 05-05-2006 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]And so it ends.

See Addi? :tongue:[/QUOTE]
:tongue: