WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trivium -- London, UK -- February 15th & 16th, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=4431)

Dead_skin_mask 03-17-2006 12:52 PM

Trivium -- London, UK -- February 15th & 16th, 2006

Intro - We Will Rock You
1. Like Light To Flies
2. Rain
3. Suffocating Sight
4. Washing Away Me In The Tides
5. The Deceived
6. A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation
7. Ashes
8. Ember To Inferno
9. Requiem
10. Drum Solo (Smith)
11. Guitar Dual (Heafy, Beaulieu)
12. Drowned And Torn Asunder
13. Declaration*
14. Domination/Walk*
15. Dying In Your Arms
- - - - ENCORE - - - -
16. Seek And Destroy
17. Master Of Puppets*
18. Pop/Rock/Metal Medley - When I Come Around/Fat Lip/Lose Yourself/Another One Bites The Dust/Du Hast/Raining Blood/Sweet Home Alabama
19. The Trooper
20. Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr
Outro - We Are The Champions

* - Tracks which were only played on thursday the 16th.

Trivium came out half an hour earlier on their second evening at the Astoria. This was the better of the 2 shows, however at the Wednesday gig just after Seek And Destroy, the band were presented with silver discs for their second and most recent album Ascendancy, as it had sold 60,000 copies in the UK. :party:

Both gigs were incredible! Trivium sounded tight as ever and the solos were impressive for such young musicians :horns:

Personal highlights were Ember To Inferno, Pull Harder.... and bringing a member of the audience up on stage with them to sing Master Of Puppets :rocker:

And also waiting outside the venue for an hour to meet Matt Heafy and get his autograph :horns:

JRA 03-17-2006 01:40 PM

Lose yourself?

ADD 03-17-2006 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=Dead_skin_mask]
17. Pop/Rock/Metal Medley - When I Come Around/Fat Lip/Lose Yourself/Another One Bites The Dust/Du Hast/Raining Blood/Sweet Home Alabama
[/QUOTE]

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Dead_skin_mask 03-17-2006 03:29 PM

LOL!

Those first 3 songs (When I Come Around - Greenday, Fat Lip - Sum 41 and Lose Yourself - Eminem) they played as a joke just to take the piss, but it was only a snippet of each song.
The other 4 were requests, the crowd just shouted bands at them (ie Rammstein, Slayer) and Trivium just improvised. It went down pretty well :horns:

ADD 03-17-2006 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=Dead_skin_mask]LOL!

Those first 3 songs (When I Come Around - Greenday, Fat Lip - Sum 41 and Lose Yourself - Eminem) they played as a joke just to take the piss, but it was only a snippet of each song.
The other 4 were requests, the crowd just shouted bands at them (ie Rammstein, Slayer) and Trivium just improvised. It went down pretty well :horns:[/QUOTE]
Ahh.

DethMaiden 03-17-2006 04:33 PM

The other 4 were requests, the crowd just shouted bands at them (ie Rammstein, Slayer) and Trivium just improvised. It went down pretty well :horns:[/QUOTE]

That's really cool. People should have yelled bands they couldn't possibly pull off though :lol:

"DREAM THEATER! OPETH!"

Dead_skin_mask 03-18-2006 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]That's really cool. People should have yelled bands they couldn't possibly pull off though :lol:

"DREAM THEATER! OPETH!"[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah that would have been interesting. Although John Petrucci is Matt Heafy's fav guitarist so maybe Dream Theatre will be on the cards at another gig

DethMaiden 03-19-2006 06:50 AM

Apparently in Manchester they played some of the Grand Conjuration...

JRA 03-19-2006 09:22 AM

I don't get it, how do you take a piss on a song if your playing it? If your playing it your still paying tribute to it in my book?

Bloodcurse 03-19-2006 10:23 AM

Wow, I can't believe they played "Dying in Your Arms". May be a mellow song, but I love it!! I'd love to hear them play "Du Hast" haha