WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Opeth -- Los Angeles, CA -- March 14th , 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=4394)

SnakeCharmer 03-14-2006 10:52 PM

Opeth -- Los Angeles, CA -- March 14th , 2006

Yep, the setlist was the same as the other two chronology shows:

Under The Weeping Moon
The Night And The Silent Water
The Amen Corner
White Cluster
The Leper Affinity
A Fair Judgement
Deliverance
Windowpane
Closure
Ghost Of Perdition
The Baying Of The Hounds
The Grand Conjuration
==================
Demon Of The Fall

Great show! Deliverance was the highlight for me and so they completely lost me with Windowpane and Closure (some of you may know that I am not a big fan of Damnation) but they got things going (for me) with the last three songs.

Not much too add than what has already been posted for the other two shows except that I hate Opeth fanboys yelling all the time stuff like:

"PLAY SOMETHING!!!"

"PLAY ANYTHING!!!!"

"PLAY EVERYTHING!!!"

"PLAY (insert song) FROM (insert album)!!!"

and the most yelled chant:

"PLAY DEMON OF THE FALL!!":tp: :tp: :tp:

It was also my first show since Ozzfest so it was good to see some metal live!! :rocker:

I rate it 8/10.

Oh yeah and a THANK YOU to Christian! :party:

Edit: I screwed up the thread title, it should be March 14.

Yoda 03-15-2006 12:02 AM

Just got home. My seat was soooooo good that Glenn Danzig was sitting in the row behind me. :allan:

:party: 10/10

hot_turkey_ed 03-15-2006 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]Just got home. My seat was soooooo good that Glenn Danzig was sitting in the row behind me. :allan:

:party: 10/10[/QUOTE]

For Alan... :party:
For Pavo Who Had To Work: * sigh *

Yoda 03-15-2006 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]For Alan... :party:
For Pavo Who Had To Work: * sigh *[/QUOTE]

Glenn didn't rock out as hard as I did.

hot_turkey_ed 03-15-2006 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]Glenn didn't rock out as hard as I did.[/QUOTE]

I would have like to seen it.... I had FIVE shows scheduled the last five days or so... I missed Motorhead in Anaheim Friday.... BV and I got Goblin Cock in Santa Cruz on Saturday since he didn't have a ticket for Dream Theater in SF... Monday night, I missed half of the Kreator SF concert to boot... this was plan b against differnet plans for Sunday and Monday too (i.e. opeth in san diego).... My concert schedule is all fucked up now. :fight:

Yoda 03-15-2006 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]I would have like to seen it.... I had FIVE shows scheduled the last five days or so... I missed Motorhead in Anaheim Friday.... BV and I got Goblin Cock in Santa Cruz on Saturday since he didn't have a ticket for Dream Theater in SF... Monday night, I missed half of the Kreator SF concert to boot... this was plan b against differnet plans for Sunday and Monday too (i.e. opeth in san diego).... My concert schedule is all fucked up now. :fight:[/QUOTE]

That really sucks man.

DethMaiden 03-15-2006 02:12 PM

Screw the rest and see Opeth, Pavo! :D

But really, that does suck. At least you got Goblin Cock, I guess.

hot_turkey_ed 03-15-2006 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Screw the rest and see Opeth, Pavo! :D

But really, that does suck. At least you got Goblin Cock, I guess.[/QUOTE]

It was... the most unusal concert I've seen. That's for sure.

DethMaiden 03-15-2006 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]It was... the most unusal concert I've seen. That's for sure.[/QUOTE]

:D No need to elaborate...

Yoda 03-15-2006 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]It was... the most unusal concert I've seen. That's for sure.[/QUOTE]

At Opeth, I'd say 90% of the people on the floor sat in the chairs that had been set out through at least 80% of the concert. They were comfortable. It was weird. :eyes:

I felt kind of bad for the people trying to sit behind me. :cool: