WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Comfortably Numb -- Toronto, Canada -- January 21, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=3765)

XxRyaNxX 01-27-2006 03:45 PM

Comfortably Numb -- Toronto, Canada -- January 21, 2006

Last Saturday I went to see a Pink Floyd tribute band called Comfortably Numb, and they were fantastic :rocker: . If you closed your eyes and just listend to the music, it felt like you were really at a Pink Floyd gig!

Anyways, here's the set:

In The Flesh?
The Thin Ice
Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 1
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
Pigs (Three Different Ones)
Sheep
Coming Back To Life
Take It Back
Sorrow
One Of These Days

-Intermission-

Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pt. 1
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Astronomy Domine
Childhood's End
Careful With That Axe, Eugene
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Young Lust

Encore:
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell

Total: 2 hrs, 50 minutes

I didn't take any pictures, but if you go to their website [URL="www.comfortably-numb.ca"]www.comfortably-numb.ca[/URL] you can find some on there. The light show is almost identical to Pink Floyd's!

I realize this is probably the closest I will ever get to seeing my favorite band of all time live, but I'm still satisfied because Comfortably Numb were brilliant!

DethMaiden 01-27-2006 03:48 PM

Yay for Pigs, nay for the lack of Welcome to the Machine.

Anyway, cool that you got to see at least something semi-close to your fave band, and as always, thanks for the set!

XxRyaNxX 01-27-2006 03:59 PM

Yeah, I'm still having trouble accepting the fact that I will probably never see them, even though Comfortably Numb were beyond amazing :(

DethMaiden 01-27-2006 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=XxRyaNxX]Yeah, I'm still having trouble accepting the fact that I will probably never see them, even though Comfortably Numb were beyond amazing :([/QUOTE]

Bands need to stop re-uniting for one off gigs like Live 8...:mad:

XxRyaNxX 01-27-2006 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden]Bands need to stop re-uniting for one off gigs like Live 8...:mad:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Gilmour actually just denied rumors of another Floyd gig in November :flame:

DethMaiden 01-27-2006 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=XxRyaNxX]Indeed. Gilmour actually just denied rumors of another Floyd gig in November :flame:[/QUOTE]

Some of it has to be the lack of Barrett...

I don't know why they couldn't pull a Queen reunion tour, though. Waters is a very capable singer.

ADD 01-27-2006 04:41 PM

:party:

KerryKingsBeard 01-27-2006 06:23 PM

There's still rumors of more Floyd shows in [I]2007[/I]

Only time will tell........

IronFist 01-27-2006 06:39 PM

Cool review. Glad you had a good time!

es156 01-27-2006 07:12 PM

David Gilmour Tour Dates:

Sun 4/9/06 Toronto, ON, Massey Hall
Mon 4/10/06 Toronto, ON, Massey Hall