WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anthrax -- Hollywood, CA -- January 21st, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=3701)

Yoda 01-22-2006 02:37 PM

Anthrax -- Hollywood, CA -- January 21st, 2006

Tremendous show!

Setlist:

Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
A.I.R.
Keep it in the Family
Madhouse
A Skeleton in the Closet
Antisocial
Indians
N.F.L.
Be All End All
Medusa
I Am the Law

Notes -

1. Charlie was replaced for the gig by some dude from Shadow's Fall due to childbirth. He filled in quite well.
2. The music was perfect.
3. Joey sang and performed like one of the best ever.
4. The sound in the venue was perhaps the best I can ever remember.
5. The crowd was wild and highly into the gig. The venue was fairly big and packed even in the balcony. Probably over 1,000 in attendance. Best mosh pit I've seen in 15 years. Joey could have let the audience sing the whole night.
6. No rapping!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
7. Overall a 10/10. Had I been drunk as hell, it might have been the best gig of the past year for me. Regardless, it was in the top three of the past 12 months.

Thanks from me and Kevin to a certain nameless someone for making it happen. You kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hot_turkey_ed 01-22-2006 02:39 PM

[size=1]Now Playing...[/size]

Caught in a Mosh
[i]Among the Living[/i]
Anthrax

:agree:

hot_turkey_ed 01-22-2006 02:40 PM

I hope the next Anthrax Joey album is what Angel Of Retribution was to Judas Fucking Priest. :drool:

Yoda 01-22-2006 02:40 PM

On another relevant note, I can't say I saw a single person there lamenting the absence of John Bush. This is Joey's show again in case anyone wasn't clear about that issue. He was 100% dominant.

DethMaiden 01-22-2006 02:41 PM

Cool!

Thanks for upping the suspense on the SF show.....

And just cos it's what I do, I'll complain that they still aren't playing any Bush. Hopefully after an album and a band meeting or something, they'll come to their senses.

hot_turkey_ed 01-22-2006 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]On another relevant note, I can't say I saw a single person there lamenting the absence of John Bush. This is Joey's show again in case anyone wasn't clear about that issue. He was 100% dominant.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect to John Bush, JOEY IS THE LAW. :mad:

Yoda 01-22-2006 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed]I hope the next Anthrax Joey album is what Angel Of Retribution was to Judas Fucking Priest. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I was supposed to mention that they said a new album is on the way.

Perhaps, I should have also mentioned the drunk and shirtless old guy doing tai chi, balancing empty beer cans on his back, and grabbing surrounding women's butts. His performance added a certain extra something to the whole evening. :eyes:

ADD 01-22-2006 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]Oh yeah, I was supposed to mention that they said a new album is on the way.

Perhaps, I should have also mentioned the drunk and shirtless old guy doing tai chi, balancing empty beer cans on his back, and grabbing surrounding women's butts. His performance added a certain extra something to the whole evening. :eyes:[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Glad it rocked, can't wait for the new album:horns:

JRA 01-22-2006 05:05 PM

[QUOTE=Allan]On another relevant note, I can't say I saw a single person there lamenting the absence of John Bush. This is Joey's show again in case anyone wasn't clear about that issue. He was 100% dominant.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe everything said on poseurmouth.

KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY:party: :party: :party: :party:

anthraxmosher 01-28-2006 12:43 AM

THIS SHOW KICKED ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive seen a bunch of bands live, but ANTHRAX took the cake. They fuckin annihilated everyone there. The whole crowd was really into it and siging along to every song. It was great to hear SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET:rocker: :rocker: