WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sodom -- New York City, NY -- January 8th, 2006 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=3547)

overkiller 01-09-2006 11:45 AM

Sodom -- New York City, NY -- January 8th, 2006

Great fucking show. Finntroll played an AMAZING set. They were wonderful. Sodom was great too, but their set felt a bit short, and they only played (part of) one song from Persecution Mania... what is that. Psh. Whatever, it was still a great set and a completely killer show.

Re-posting from another thread:

This is what I remember each band playing. The order is almost definitely messed up.

[B]
Finntroll:[/B]

(Intro) Bakom Varje Fura
Födosagan
Människopesten
Slaget Vid Blodsälv
Eliytres
Svartberg
Nattfödd
Jaktens Tid
Segersång
Trollhammaren
Kitteldags
Hemkomst
Fiskarens Fiende
Det Iskalla Trollblodet

[B]Sodom:
[/B]
Among the Weirdcong
Agent Orange
The Vice of Killing
Napalm in the Morning
Blasphemer
Eat Me!
Ausgebombt
Witching Metal
Remember the Fallen
The Saw is the Law
Wachturm
Outbreak of Evil
Ace of Spades (Motörhead cover)
Witchhammer?? (not really sure)
Bombenhagel (only part of it)

I think that's all. Again, the order for both (especially Sodom) isn't gonna be right.

IronFist 01-09-2006 12:25 PM

:eek: THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

AMAZING setlist I may say, and great review. Everyone who's seen the show is saying that Finntroll are just incredible and is one of the best shows they've ever been too!! I can't wait till Wednesday to see them!

Thanks again for the setlist, I've been looking everywhere for it.

Might I ask, what kind of merch did they have, and was there a most too?:bliss:

THANKS!!! :party:

ADD 01-09-2006 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=overkiller]Great fucking show. Finntroll played an AMAZING set. They were wonderful. Sodom was great too, but their set felt a bit short, and they only played (part of) one song from Persecution Mania... what is that. Psh. Whatever, it was still a great set and a completely killer show.

Re-posting from another thread:

This is what I remember each band playing. The order is almost definitely messed up.

[B]
Finntroll:[/B]

(Intro) Bakom Varje Fura
Födosagan
Människopesten
Slaget Vid Blodsälv
Eliytres
Svartberg
Nattfödd
Jaktens Tid
Segersång
Trollhammaren
Kitteldags
Hemkomst
Fiskarens Fiende
Det Iskalla Trollblodet

[/QUOTE]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: Thanks for this set overkiller:)

Dammit I wish this tour was stopping by SF:(

SomewhereInTime72 01-09-2006 07:13 PM

I almost went. I probably should have. Sounds like it was fun.

overkiller 01-09-2006 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=IronFist]
Might I ask, what kind of merch did they have, and was there a most too?:bliss:
[/QUOTE]

Most?

Anyway, merch, there were CDs for sale I believe, but as for shirts, there were 3 Sodom T's, one was the tour shirt with some kind of crosshairs image on it, one was a totally badass black-and-white old school "Witching Metal" shirt, and the one I bought has the logo and the "In the Sign of Evil" executioner dude on it, and the back has the years and titles of all their albums/EPs/videos, 1984-2005. The Finntroll merch... there was a shirt with some kind of design/logo on the front and the tour dates on the back, and then the one I bought has their logo and this crazy medallion-design-thing with a trollish face on it, and the back just has some kind of bony tree thing, almost looks like a spine--or the World Tree :cool:. Each of these T's was $30 (ack, my wallet is hurting), and there was a black Finntroll hoodie for $60.

ADD 01-10-2006 01:26 PM

I can't understand though why Finntroll doesn't play Grottans Barn live:mad: It's a greta song and perfect for crowd interaction too.

overkiller 01-10-2006 06:26 PM

It's worth saying that they seemed happy with the crowd. Wilska loved us, he was so impressed after the crowd interaction on Trollhammaren that he could naught but chuckle. :D

lokia 01-10-2006 07:48 PM

Great review.

I wish FinnTroll would come here!! :mad:

KillYourFace 01-10-2006 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=overkiller]It's worth saying that they seemed happy with the crowd. Wilska loved us, he was so impressed after the crowd interaction on Trollhammaren that he could naught but chuckle. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude I was so happy he liked us haha. Hopefully it will prompt them to come back more often because they fucking ruled.

overkiller 01-22-2006 04:19 PM

Found the actual setlists. They're in .pdf format so I can't copy/paste easily, here's a link:

[url]http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index2.php?option=content&do_pdf=1&id=460[/url]